cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access shared files after the meeting

Vasco
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is it possible to access a shared file after the meeting?

I looked for it in my desktop in the Zoom folder, but the only file that I found was the chat. Is there any way to get this file?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

If the meeting host allows it in their settings, the host and/or participants can share files through the meeting chat, and each participant would have to download the files to their local machine.

kjhartma_0-1661190298771.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209605493-Sending-a-file-in-meetings-and-webinars

Thank You,

Kevin

Zoom Community Champion

Unhelpful. Doesn't answer the question of getting to the files when meeting is over.

kjhartma

Not sure I'm understanding you...

If there's a file shared in the chat, and the host allows downloading of files, the meeting participants can download the files from the chat during the meeting, and those will be on their machine, likely in their downloads folder.  You have to download files placed in the chat during the meeting.

If you're referring to someone just screen sharing a file (Not sharing in chat) and participants wanting a copy of it after the fact, then they'd have to reach out to the person who was screen sharing the file and see if they'd send them a copy.