cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Recording Permissions for Admins and Members

darthwilson

Hi folks,

I am an admin on our Zoom Business account. We have administrator roles and normal member roles. When our members (teaching staff) deliver training on Zoom, they do a cloud recording. That link would be shared with the participants so they could watch it back online.

However the participants would have been able to download the videos, so we disabled that option using the account settings. However, from time to time, we notice that we might need to download and edit a recording if there was some issue, then we would share that recording via Youtube or Vimeo.

But in order to do that, we would have to go into account settings, enable downloads, download the video, disable the downloads again.

With Zoom and all it's complicated settings and user groups. I can't seem to find a way that I can disable downloads for regular members and participants but allow downloads for the account admins. I've tried a combination of the settings within account settings and group settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

jdott16
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @darthwilson 

Your best way forward would be to create a group and place the admins or users in this group that you would like to have access to download recordings. Note, when it comes to the hierarchy of how settings are applied, all Account Settings are applied first, then Group Settings, then individual User Settings. So if you have certain settings enabled/disabled/locked/unlocked at the account level, those take effect prior to any Group Settings. 

I would advise you look at your account level settings, and then create a specific custom group (or role) that would have access to download recordings as need be. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Jake