cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blur background feature

Pathalimue
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the up to date version of zoom on my machine but not paid for. I have been able to blur my background in the past but the feature appears to have been removed. Has this feature been slammed behind a paywall, if so that is a poor choice on zooms part as there are plenty of other option for meeting platforms and they also still allow this feature.

5 REPLIES 5

Xanté
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have exactly the same issue

PK
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi! The blur background feature does not require a paid Zoom account. How long has it been since you've used the blur background feature? Did this change coincide with a recent update, or has it been a while since you've blurred your background?

This support article describes troubleshooting steps that you may find helpful if the feature isn't available to you. Another way to check, if possible, is to try to blur your background on the Zoom mobile app. If it works there, but doesn't on your desktop, that might help to confirm that it's nothing wrong with your account but may indicate that your computer doesn't meet requirements.

Blur background has the same system requirements as virtual background 'image without a green screen' on desktop devices. 

Xanté
Newcomer
Newcomer

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks for your reply.  So I guess because my Intel Core i5 processor is not 3000+ (only 2520) ..it won't work?

PK
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@Xanté Yes, I think that may be the case in your situation. 

jgrojas
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue, and apparently the only answer Zoom can give is "your processor is too old". Which is a lie, because Teams and Meet can blur backgrounds perfectly even in a web browser. 

I wouldn't bother with this app if you can avoid it, they clearly don't care about it themselves.