cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backgrounds

cdfast
Newcomer
Newcomer

I use backgrounds on my desktop Mac. Why do the same backgrounds not appear when I log into my iPad?

6 REPLIES 6

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

If you are not seeing any Virtual Backgrounds at all on your iPad, then it could be your particular iPad does not meet the minimum system requirements for Virtual Backgrounds - or some types.

The iPad minimum requirements for Virtual Backgrounds are:

• 5th and 6th generation 9.7" iPad
  • 7th generation and higher 10.2” iPad
  • iPad Pro

If you are seeing Virtual Backgrounds, but not your own custom Virtual Backgrounds, that may be these are client specific.

Thanks - it is a iPad generation 8. I am seeing a few virtual backgrounds but not my custom ones. Will my custom ones not transfer to my iPad under the same user?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Virtual backgrounds uploaded on one device are not shared across all devices on your account. To have a set of shared virtual backgrounds, you need to upload those on the web portal in Account Settings

cdfast
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks Bort. I tried that but it still does not seem to work. I can add in the picture but even when I change the meeting to my iPad it does not show up?  I assume when you say the web portal that I sign into zoom and log into my account and then go to settings and background?

Bort

Yes, you can upload virtual backgrounds for everyone on your account to use through the Zoom website. I linked to the article which details how to do this in my initial reply. Once they are uploaded on the web site, then any device you log in to should be able to access those virtual backgrounds, assuming it can use virtual backgrounds. 

Thanks I did try to follow that link the first time. I am an owner but not listed as an administrator. I have a free zoom account. Is that the reason I am not seeing the ability to upload pictures via account settings. When I go on to role management to try to add me as an admin it is asking for a credit card number so perhaps I can only do this as a paid zoom member?