cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avatars & Filters disappeared although enabled (others can use)

VirtualSpeech
Newcomer
Newcomer

The option to use avatars and filters has disappeared from my desktop client. I checked that they are enabled on my account, and when I host meetings others can use them, just not me! The only options are for virtual backgrounds and studio effects. I did sign in and sign out in the desktop client, and uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom. I have not switched computers (using Windows 11), although I moved a month ago and do have a different internet provider.

7 REPLIES 7

RN

Hey @VirtualSpeech not all Zoom features are available in all regions and at all account levels. If you do not see a specific feature, you may not have access to use it. Do you mind me asking when you lost access to this feature or if you had the feature before? In order to use Avatars, Avatars must be enabled by an account owner or admin as well as having the System Requirements. Same as with Video filters need to be enabled

If you are not seeing these options, this maybe due to the features not being available in your region or account level

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I apologize for the tardy reply. I lost the ability to use Zoom avatars and filters when I moved to the Houston, TX area. When I have been on trips in the past couple of months--they have returned (they worked in MN, where I had lived until this fall, and worked again when I visited MN. They also work in Mexico, where I am vacationing right now). I find it hard to believe that I can't use them just because I moved to Texas!

Same problem happened to me too. I live in Katy area and won't be able to use these two functions on all of my accounts, personal or work. When I traveled to Boston or Vegas it all worked. 

But I can NO LONGER ACTIVATE VIDEOFILTER.
it is no longer displayed to me at all.
I have not moved, I am admin and owner, I have a Pro version for 4 years.
Old Filters work, but I can't add new ones or edit old ones.

I need a solution.
In the settings / inMeeting / there is the FUNCTION "VideoFilter " ( under virtual Backgrounds )
no longer exists.

What can I do now?

MacUserinTexas
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same thing happened to me. I'd had a filters for years and suddenly they're done and I don't have the ability to add. I haven't moved or changed providers and my account. shows them to be enabled.

I lost the ability to use Zoom avatars and filters when I moved to the Houston, TX area. When I have been on trips in the past couple of months--they have returned (they worked in MN, where I had lived until this fall, and worked again when I visited MN. They also work in Mexico, where I am vacationing right now). I find it hard to believe that I can't use them just because I moved to Texas!

I've been using in the Dallas area for almost 4 years until recently. Not sure what would have caused it to change but it's frustrating. The filters were a big reason my team prefers Zoom to Teams.