Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendees not suggesting contacts when scheduling meeting

esp9652
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, 

Despite having contacts imported through a CSV (and showing Name + Email), when I schedule a new meeting; I don't have any suggested contact / email when I start typing under "Attendees". I find this mind-blowing... How can I fix this?  

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/WzxfjrJ 

8 REPLIES 8

esp9652
Newcomer
Newcomer

up @zoom @support 

jamesmalin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Unfortunately, this is still an issue late 2024. Google account is connected. I gave access to everything, including the ability to read/edit email data, just in case it needed that as well. I even created a new contact in Gmail to see if it would pull that. Not working -- nothing, nada, zilch.

I thought, maybe it's just some syncing issue between the desktop app and online version. Checked online and it still wouldn't pull the data. Only ones that I have manually added to Zoom contacts.

Btw, when under Zoom contacts it says you can sync your contacts "For Google Calendar, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Office 365, sync your contacts here." It brings me to the place showing that it has all of the permissions from my Gmail and Google Calendar. As a contract developer at another large Fortune 500, I am wondering why the hell I'm even paying for Zoom for my small business.

I'm going to just go back to using Google Meet. As a mentor and investor, I will stop recommending Zoom to others as I have in the past.

hahaha - I  found this funny. What a  crap  product  indeed... I'm  battling  against a customer support person;  but I honestly  want to  think I  have a bug  and that  this product is not  this bad after 4 years  of hardcore users? I struggle to believe there is 1) no contact suggestions; 2) no "memory"  from an  invite  you  sent 5  mins ago; 3) no j... Hard to believe

meriment
Contributor I
Contributor I

Unfortunately uploading a CSV will not lead to contact emails auto-populating when scheduling a Zoom meeting. There are several scheduling solutions that let you schedule Zoom meetings and type in contacts that auto-populate. One option available in the Zoom marketplace is Salepager that suggests recent contacts to auto-complete when adding attendees to a Zoom meeting.

What is the whole point of having "contacts" then? if you can't auto-populate from them? Is this one of the stupidest product decisions I've seen in a long time?

I will check with Salespager (thanks for the suggestion!) but I'm still shocked about this lack of feature

RomanRussell
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you so much for the help.

Synchro

Zoom Moderator: why is this still not fixed despite the numerous complaints on this board?

jamesali
Explorer
Explorer

If imported contacts aren't showing when scheduling a meeting, try checking if the contacts are saved in the correct directory or synced with your calendar app. Ensure your email client or platform is set to auto-suggest contacts. If the issue persists, try re-importing the contacts or check for any specific settings blocking the auto-suggestion feature.