Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events / Pay Per Attendee License / Users without assignment

tjamaker
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

Every now and then I receive an e-mail from Zoom Events that points me to the following:
-------------------
Users without assignment

You have purchased a subscription with pay per attendee that you need to assign to users under your account.

You have recently purchased Zoom Sessions Pay Per Attendee and have not yet assigned this subscription to any users. In order to use your new subscriptions and/or add-ons, you will need to assign the features to users.
-------------------

Unfortunately, I cannot understand what is meant by this.
In any case, I understand it to mean that from the 100 possible participants that I have booked, the corresponding number is deducted for each webinar according to the number of participants in the webinar.
In other words, there is an automatic allocation.
However, the email suggests to me that there is still something to be done.

Is anyone familiar with this?

Greetings
Björn

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hello again, @tjamaker.

Virtually all Zoom licenses have to be assigned to a user in order to use them. Are you already creating Zoom Events? Normally, if you have a PPA license already assigned to a user, any future PPA licenses will automatically be added to the available PPA list, but if this is your first time purchasing a PPA license, it needs to be added to whoever is going to be the PPA license holder.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

From my point of view, I had already done this quite early on in the process and before my first event.
However, as the operation has become very confusing, I was not aware of this. And unfortunately, this email didn't help to make it any easier to use.

P.S.: Unfortunately, Zoom has become too complicated for me. From my point of view, there is an app that I can use for meetings and webinars. Events can be the generic term. But to create a separate interface for this and to completely decouple the operation from the creation of the original meetings and webinars is incomprehensible to me.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @tjamaker.  I agree that Zoom Events is an order of magnitude more complex than running just a meeting or a webinar, but with that complexity comes a much different mode of operation for a multi-day, multi-session event.  Zoom Sessions -- what I like to refer to as "Zoom Events' little sister" -- is more like "webinars on steroids".   These licenses shouldn't be purchased without an expectation that significant additional training will be required to be proficient.

Something like the difference between driving a car to the grocery store versus flying a jet from New York City to London.

It sounds like you purchased a license without the benefit of a totally honest, up-front discussion of what's involved.  Unfortunately I hear this a lot from new Zoom Events licensees.  If you're at all interested in learning more, please reach out to me on the Z-SPAN web site mentioned below for a free 30-minute no obligation discussion.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !