cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Assigning/Ticketing & Invitations/Join Links that will align with the pre-assigning/ticketing

cmcbcaf
Explorer
Explorer

Hello! 

Currently I am running into some issues scaling our current events model, we have now upgraded to Zoom events in order to move our events from being ~100 to 300-500 people. I do a lot of backend work and pre-assigning, which I am still okay doing, but since we are now scaling the events to include more groups and projects, things are more complicated. 

Our events involve multiple different tracks - individuals moving from a session with everyone, to a meeting with a portion of everyone, and then moving to an even smaller portion of everyone, and then moving back to their larger portion of everyone, and then finally moving back to everyone (please see event schedule below for more context).

To make things more difficult, attendees are not currently registering through Zoom. While I think that will be the best option for us to avoid logistical issues, I am not sure I am going to get the sign-off on moving all registrations to be done through Zoom events. If there is any chance of me getting sign-off on moving all registrations to Zoom events, then I am going to need to make a strong case and will have needed to explore every other route.

• I am running into issues deciding whether to make each portion of the event schedule its own session OR making "group #" sessions and breakout rooms within those sessions for each "group project".
  • I want to make it as easy as possible for attendees to navigate the event and I only want people to be able to access the sessions/rooms/meetings they are supposed to be in. 
  • Need to pre-register attendees myself and assign them tickets/tracks/breakout rooms, what is the best way to do that?
  • How do I send out an invitation from Zoom or a calendar invite with a Zoom link to join that is specific to each person and the track they are supposed to be on?
  • We can have facilitators in each session/room if needed

I am so nervous about things going smoothly and trying to make everyone happy. Any insight/advice/knowledge is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

Event Schedule/Breakdown:

Session 1

Welcome: 300 people (everyone)

Session 2 - Everyone from Session 1 separated into assigned groups

Group #1, Informational Q&A: 100 people

Group #2, Informational Q&A: 100 people

Group #3, Informational Q&A: 100 people

Session 3 - The groups from Session 2 separated into smaller and more specific groups

Group #1, Project A: 33 people

Group #1, Project B: 33 People

Group #1, Project C: 34 people

Group #2, Project A: 33 people

Group #2, Project B: 33 People

Group #2, Project C: 34 people

Group #3, Project A: 33 people

Group #3, Project B: 33 People

Group #3, Project C: 34 people

Session 4: everyone returns to their initial/larger assigned groups

Group #1, Project Presentations: 100 people

Group #2, Project Presentations 100 people

Group #3, Project Presentations 100 people

Session 5: everyone ends together, how we began with Session 1

Closing, Survey: 300 people (everyone)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @cmcbcaf.

Your situation is complex and not easily answered in a forum like this. My suggestion is that you consider getting assistance from Zoom Events Professional Services. See info here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064292#:~:text=Zoom%20Event%20Ser... 

I’d also recommend looking through the resources available here:

https://goodclix.com/zoom-events/zoom-events-resources/ 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @cmcbcaf.

Your situation is complex and not easily answered in a forum like this. My suggestion is that you consider getting assistance from Zoom Events Professional Services. See info here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064292#:~:text=Zoom%20Event%20Ser... 

I’d also recommend looking through the resources available here:

https://goodclix.com/zoom-events/zoom-events-resources/ 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you so much!!!