Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play digits back to customer

ZCC_Newbie
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

in Zoom contact center flow editor, how do you play digits back? For instance, you use the collectInput widget to collect digits from customer,  store digits in a variable, then you want to play the digits back to customer. 

1 REPLY 1

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello ZCC_Newbie.

As far as I understand, you can reference "variables" in your "Text-to-Speech prompts" by putting them between double-curly-brackets , so if you requested  menu option and stored it into "keyinput"   ""{{keyInput}}", you should be able to play back the selection by using the "SendMedia" Widget and putting something like:

"You have selected the option {{keyInput}}". 

Even more, you can use SSML Tagging inside your TTS to add richness and provide a more precise TTS output.

I believe ZCC TTS supports most (if not all) the SSML Tags that AWS Polly support; Why am I mentioned this? Especially with numbers, when you need to read them back to a caller using TTS, you will have to choose how to interpret the number: i.e  123  might need to spell it as "one two three ", or read as cardinal "one hundred and twenty three" or as an ordinal "one hundred and twenty third".

Take a look to the SSML tag "interpret-as" in this AWS Document that explains how to use it.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/polly/latest/dg/supportedtags.html
I don't know if 100% of the AWS Tags are supported by ZCC TTS but I can tell you it is fun to test them.