cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI companion groups

JamesBell
Explorer
Explorer

What happens if I create a group that cannot use AI Companion in meetings, say HR or Legal, and someone from another group who *can* use AI Companion in their calls meets with them? Will the technology work or be blocked?

In other words, we want to block the use of such technologies on internal Zoom calls when certain groups are involved. This is for internal legal and privacy reasons.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @JamesBell 

Unfortunately, disabling the use of these features at the group level would only prevent these users from being able to host meetings and enable these features for their meetings. If they join someone else's meeting, they are abiding by that host's settings and if AI Companion is enabled for that meeting, their contributions to the meeting discussions would still be transcribed and analyzed by AI Companion.

The host could temporarily disable these AI Companion features during the meeting, when the discussion comes around to updates from these sensitive teams. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @JamesBell 

Unfortunately, disabling the use of these features at the group level would only prevent these users from being able to host meetings and enable these features for their meetings. If they join someone else's meeting, they are abiding by that host's settings and if AI Companion is enabled for that meeting, their contributions to the meeting discussions would still be transcribed and analyzed by AI Companion.

The host could temporarily disable these AI Companion features during the meeting, when the discussion comes around to updates from these sensitive teams. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.