cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove a 'view-only' whiteboard from my profile?

MelanieW
Listener

Hi,

I had an unwanted guest at my zoom event who shared an offensive whiteboard.  I reported him, and included a screenshot of his 'artwork' in the report, but now I've discovered I can't delete his whiteboard from my account/profile.  It's listed under Whiteboards, and says 'view-only'.  How can I remove it?  The only option available is Star, the others are greyed-out.  Surely it can't be on my account permanently...  (BTW, I'm neither Joe nor Phil - they're two of his aliases, nothing to do with the actual meeting).

Thanks,

Melanie

screenshot for zoom community.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephenNewton
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @MelanieW - Sorry you've run into this issue. I spoke with engineering and I think you've hit a known bug that is being fixed in next weekend's release, so hopefully by Monday (Aug 7) the "Leave Board" option will be back for boards that are owned by external accounts. Apologies for that!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

StephenNewton

Hello @MelanieW ,

On the far right of this row you should see a "..." menu. Within that menu should be a "Leave Board" option.

StephenNewton_0-1690932436929.png

Hopefully that helps!

-Stephen

MelanieW
Listener

zoom community Q ... menu.jpg

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.  Unfortunately the ... menu only has options to duplicate, open in new tab or view activity.  Right-clicking on the whiteboard link gives the same mini-menu.  I can't find any other options.  Have you, or anyone else, got any other ideas?
Thanks,

Melanie

StephenNewton

Hello @MelanieW - Sorry you've run into this issue. I spoke with engineering and I think you've hit a known bug that is being fixed in next weekend's release, so hopefully by Monday (Aug 7) the "Leave Board" option will be back for boards that are owned by external accounts. Apologies for that!

Fabulous, thanks Stephen, I really appreciate you looking into it for me. 😊

Good news, I just checked and the Leave Board option is now available - it worked!  Thanks 😀

StephenNewton

@MelanieW- woohoo! Love it when things work out as expected. Thanks for being a Zoom Whiteboard customer 🙂

Hi, the Leave Board option will not allow me to remove 4 selected whiteboards as every time I press the Leave Board option, it tells me that 'Permission is needed to access this document'. I have no desire to seek permission from the person who initiated these boards over a year ago so how do I remove them? Thank you.