cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAMERA GOING GREEN AND SHAKY AND AUDIO GOING FREEZING

SofiaG
Listener

Hi there,

I am currently using my licensed Zoom account from two different laptops. With my Mac one I do not have any problems. Unfortunately, on my other laptop that has a Windows software I started having problems yesterday. During a meeting, for no reason, my screen was showing green, my image was wobbling and froze at times, so did my audio. Please note that internet connection was fine and the laptop is new so those are not a problem. I also use Google Meet and I did not have any problems, so it must be Zoom. The problem is that it only happens on one device, not the other. But I need it to work on that one too. I have a licence so I am not sure why this should not work. Please also note that the green occurs in particular when I am trying to share content, which is very annoying as guests can't see or understand anything of what's going on. Everything is just GREEN. Are you able to help asap, please? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi sofiag,

try completely removing zoom client using cleanzoom and then reinstalling client.  please see support article.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

SALITA30
Listener

I have the same problems since I uploaded the latest version. Did you find a solution?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SofiaG @SALITA30, the issue you are incurring is a known issue. Our Engineers have reproduced the issue and found a solution that will be implemented in the 5.13.5 version which will be released in the coming days.

While waiting for a fix, we have these work arounds that can resolve the issue for the time being:

Work Around 1 - Disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings can avoid the issue.

On your Zoom App, Go to > Settings ( By clicking on the Upper right hand corner 'gear icon')

Select ‘Video’ > Advanced > Uncheck  ‘Optimize quality of the video | send with de-noise

Work Around 2 - Roll back to Previous Zoom Version 5.12.9 (Downgrading to 5.12.9 fixes the issue)

Roll back and re-install instructions for Windows

First uninstall the current Zoom version (Windows)

The following steps should help get the old installation cleared, and get Zoom reinstalled and working for you.

Could you please run the CleanZoom application, and then restart your computer when it's finished?

Once done restarting please visit this link  

EXE 64-bit:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.10650/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64 this will automatically download the previous version for you.

Roll back and re-install instructions for MAC

Click on the Zoom Icon at the dock while you have the Zoom Client running.

On the upper left you will see zoom.us, click on Uninstall

Once Zoom is completely uninstalled,  visit this link below to roll back to the previous version.

For Intel Processors
PKG: https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg
M1 Processor version:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg?archType=arm64

I hope this helps! Thank you for your patience. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

LesiaKohut
Listener

Thank you @CarlaA ! Will try the workarounds for now. I've had all sorts of camera shakiness and screen freezes since the last update. My laptop was in the shop for 5 hours Saturday, and they couldn't figure out a repair. I almost bought a new laptop!