cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second camera

Jorma3
Listener

We use a conference speaker in the meeting room so that the camera captures the presenter.

Since we also use a moving second camera with the audio channel turned off in the meeting, we would like the image it produces to be displayed during the hall speeches instead of the number one camera. How could it be done in Zoom?

@Jorma3

6 REPLIES 6

Jorma3
Listener

We use a conference speaker in the meeting room so that the camera captures the presenter.

Since we also use a moving second camera with the audio channel turned off in the meeting, we would like the image it produces to be displayed during the hall speeches instead of the number one camera. How could it be done in Zoom.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Jorma3,

I'd like to clarify: Do you want one camera during part of the meeting, and another camera during other parts of the meeting?  Or are you wanting to show both the stationary camera and the roving camera to be shown at the same time?

First of all, all cameras that Zoom will use must be connected to the PC and available as a Web Cam.  If you have any high-end cameras that have HDMI input or otherwise don't show up as a Web Cam, you'll need some technical assistance getting your camera video converted to the Web Cam input.  If this is needed, we'll discuss that later.  I'm assuming here that all your cameras are available as Web Cams.  I'm also assuming that you are showing the stationary camera into the logged-in Zoom account's video feed (which the Start Video/Stop Video icon controls). 

Also, I'll be showing Zoom on Windows; your experience with Mac, Linux, or other devices will be different.

Switching Between Two Cameras on One Zoom Login

Click the ^ next to Start or Stop Video icon, and see the list of cameras.  All available cameras will be shown there.  Here is a screen shot of my list of cameras, which is much longer than most:

Ray_Harwood_0-1669468895482.png

You'll see the check mark next to the currently selected camera.  When you want to switch from your stationary camera to your roving camera, simply select the camera that you want, and the video from that input will now be displayed in your attendee camera view on Zoom.  Your list of cameras will most likely be shorter than mine, but you should see all available cameras on your system in that list.

If your remote attendees will be viewing this camera as their primary view of the current speaker, I like to do 2 things:

1. I like to rename the Zoom display name to something indicative that it is a live feed from your onsite location, something like "Live From The Classroom" or "Live from New York".
  2. I like to Spotlight the camera so that attendees in a meeting can switch between Speaker and Gallery view, and Speaker View will always be showing the "Live" video.

Showing Two Cameras Simultaneously

If your intent is to show two cameras simultaneously, the easiest way to do this is to have a second PC logged into Zoom, and feed the video from the second camera into that PC's video feed.  I'd recommend changing the Display Name in Zoom to something like "Onsite Roving Camera", and have a host or co-host Spotlight that camera when it is actively showing someone speaking or asking a question, and un-spotlighting when the camera is moving about or not actively being used.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

neve
Participant

Assuming this is a Zoom Room, can't you just turn on Multi-Camera mode? (Room Management > Rooms Profile > Devices)

neve_0-1669643811695.png

We have a presenter camera and an audience camera. The room audio is tied to whichever is set as the default main camera. We have to change this manually during a meeting if we want the camera to highlight the audience when someone is speaking. Anyone watching in gallery mode can see both cameras.

Ray_Harwood

@neve, unless someone specifically mentions Zoom Rooms, I generally assume they don’t have one. I probably should have asked, since this one is posted in the Rooms and Workspaces product area. 

@Jorma3 – are you a Zoom Rooms user?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

neve
Participant

@Ray_Harwood, 😃 I assumed the opposite since this is the Rooms and Workspaces sub-forum. Hopefully @Jorma3 found what they needed.