cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom phone

Fr
Listener

Hello to all!

I have zoom Pro account and I have recently signed off for $15/month phone service. I set up the phone and the phone number has been activated; however, I tried to make calls to external numbers I got this message from the system "Sorry the requested service is not available in your calling plan". What does that mean? Does that mean I cannot make calls to outside numbers? Can someone, please help?

Thank you!

38 REPLIES 38

naveen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

thank you for your question and for leveraging the Zoom Community!

What Plan are you subscribed to? 

First, please go to Phone system management --> Users & rooms --> you able see your name, then make sure under the  Package you able to see your subscription plan and the number next to that.

Regards,

Naveen

Hi i got the ulimited calling plan pro features. Unlimited domestic but it says i need to have more phone numbers for the license what does it mean?

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Carm1,

Each Pro license gives you one number to assign to the user that has the license.

If you need more than one number for one Pro license user, you have to purchase these in addition to the Pro license you got.

Was that the query?

Hey Naveen,the same issue is happening with me,I have signed for the unlimited calling plan for USA but in the user and room interface I am able to see my name in the basic calling plan,which i have not signed for

Help me please, it's affecting my business 

Hello

I bought unlimited calling plan yesterday,today is set it up and I thought everything will be done smoothly but when I tried making my first call,I heard that the system is telling me that "this service is not available in my calling plan"

I don't know why this is happening

I tried opening the "user and room" interface but I am unable to see my name in unlimited calling plan whereas I can see my name in the basic calling plan which I have not signed in for, help me out

This is affecting my business 

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Good idea to call your DDI number to ensure that you have the path active. 

Are you using the full telephone number?

What's a DDI number?

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Simply it is a Direct Dial (Inbound) number for callers to reach your privately 😉

SeanGaines
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@Fr , Thank you for using Zoom Phone and posting your question to the Zoom Community!

Has your issue been resolved? If it has, and a post here helped, please click on Accept Solution. If this issue was resolved by other means please share those with the community. 

If you still cannot call out please let us know, we are here to help. 

Sean

Hello @SeanGaines - I have the same problem. When I try to make calls, an error message states that this service is not available with my plan, but I purchased a US/Canada Unlimited Plan. Please assist me with finding a solution.

Hi I have the same issue I purchase a Zoom phone for $15 US/Canada unlimited calling plan, can you please let me know how to fix it?

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Have you set the user in User Management to be a Zoom Basic user?

I set my user on (Zoom One Basic and Zoom Phone Basic).

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Have you assigned the user setting a regional prefix number?

Yes, I assign the regional Phone No, what I purchase to the user,

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Have you tried calling the number assigned to the user?

Have you assigned the Area Code for the user?

yes, I do.

Yes, I do makes a call with this No, I purchased it last month, and it was all good working, but suddenly it give me this voice mail.

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Are you able to ring one of the other landline numbers of another user?

I just purchase one Phone No, just for me, I call on my NO. LOL, what did I purchase, just for checking I received a call with my NO, I received calls from other NOs, but not be able to make a call.

Turnerc007
Listener

I'm having the same problem. My plan is 

• Zoom United with US/CA Unlimited
I have made sure in the settings that inbound and outbound is checked. I can receive calls but when I try to make a call I get this recording. "Sorry we cannot complete your call, your service plan does not support calling to this destination." I'm trying to call a local number.

Turnerc007
Listener

Here was the solution to my problem.

In the Zoom admin portal -  navigate to https://zoom.us/billing then within the Zoom Phone section select "View/Edit Countries/Regions".  In the call out section make sure the destination you're attempting to call is selected. 

raincloud
Listener

Hello, just signed up for Basic Phone Plan, $10 PM, and am getting the exact same message.  I'm good with all the above comments other that I do not have a direct dial in number established.  Is that a requirement?  I'm using the Windows Client, but when selecting the Phone I don't see a dial pad.  I am able to initiate call from the IOS app, which is when I get this message.  Thanks for reviewing

vafarmdog
Listener

I get the same problem. Signed up today, my country is selected, but I get "Sorry the requested service is not available in your calling plan" when trying to make ANY call to ANY area.

I was able to make calls fine last month, but now I'm getting this message.  O_o

Yep, same here, still. Their support is awful. Can't believe they charged for this and I still can't make a call 3 days later!

sachinzoom

@vafarmdog Is your country selected Under Billing / Zoom phone / View/ Edit countries ?

Hi, I purchased the Liecende unlimited plan calling US/Canada, but if I select  Billing / Zoom phone / View/ Edit countries if they charge extra charges, they are written on it is there no problem to selected it,  please help me

joshmora
Listener

wtf — same. just purchased. this should be trivial. what is the resolution?

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Did you apply the settings to Admin User Management and then assign the feature in Phone System / User ?

Hi, I have the same issue I purchase a Zoom phone for $15 US/Canada unlimited calling plan, can you please let me know how to fix it?

Syed2023
Listener

Hi, I have the same issue I purchase a Zoom phone for $15 US/Canada unlimited calling plan, can you please let me know how to fix it? any body can help me with this?

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Syed, can you check the billing section to see what the expiry date is on your licenses. You may have to click into the licenses to open it to show the breakdown of the licenses.

where to find it, I paid already my monthly bill as well. but I paid after the due date that's why the issue happened, please let me know.

where to find it, I paid already my monthly bill as well. but I paid after the due date that's why the issue happened, please let me know.

CuriousGreenCat
Listener

I just bought Zoom Phone yesterday after days of deliberation and reviewing many different companies. I'm already wishing I had made a different choice because Support in this feed has said nothing useful, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get real time Support.  I signed up for Zoom Pro Unlimited US & Canada, which it shows on my account, but my username as the owner shows Zoom Basic.  This is awful that they have it set up to make it unusable without jumping through unknown hoops.  When I try to edit my profile, there is no option to change from Basic, which is the setting assigned to my username, to Pro, which is what I actually paid for.  The BBB will be hearing from me if this is not resolved.  I didn't pay money just to have a phone number that doesn't work. I need this phone number ASAP to launch my business.  When I try to call out, I get the same message that everyone else gets, "Sorry, the requested service is not in your calling plan."  Well, yes, it is, and there's something broken on Zoom's end that they set beginning clients up to fail by making Pro users have a Basic setting and then try to figure out what could possibly need to be adjusted.  Is Zoom a worldwide professional company?  Based on this, I can hardly believe it.  I would appreciate help from anyone who can actually tell me and everyone else with this problem how to fix this.  It seems a bit scammy on Zoom's part:  sign up for Pro but be stuck with Basic settings that won't allow you to use the Pro service you paid for!  Give me a break.  Zoom should do better than this! 

Dave_PhonePulse
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi !  
The user profile is not where you need to set up the your Phone profile. 
Check that you have scrolled down to Phone System and select users from the sub menu. 
here you assign your Pro License and a number. 
Hope that helps. 
David