cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically delete voicemail after forwarding to email

BillStoll
Listener

We are converting to Zoom Phone. Our old provider allowed us to set a user's phone so that incoming voicemails are forwarded as email attachments, and then automatically deleted (or not stored in the first place). We basically had three options: 1) store voicemail, 2) email voicemail as attachment, or 3) both.  It appears that Zoom supports options 1 and 3, but not 2. Did I miss something?  Many of our users, having dealt with a voicemail that they received in email, don't want to bother with deleting the original voicemail as well.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @BillStoll

Yes, you are correct. That would be a feature request and all feature requests are ran through the product team on this page here zoom.us/feed. I will say this that many of the functions and features that the product has now came from that page and our great users, so please (if you do not mind) fill out the request so that our product team can review that suggestion. I do think that it is a great option for our phone users. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

YaBoiB

@BillStoll,

That is great news. I am glad to hear it. 

Thank you for your response. Could you please click on the accepted solution button in the bottom right corner, so that if others are facing this issue they can read your accepted solution and follow the steps you followed?

Thanks, 
Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB

Hi @BillStoll

If you go into Phone System Management ( As an admin of the account) you can view all users policies in either the account settings policies or the individual users policies and make the necessary settings changes that you wish to have for that user(s). I will place a screenshot of a Sandbox account user from one of my test accounts below to provide you with a visual of where this is in your account. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 3.09.35 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thanks for responding, Brandon. I don't see anything in the Policies about automatically removing (or not creating) voicemails that have been emailed to the user as an attachment, so I take it that you agree with me: Zoom does not offer that option?

Bill

YaBoiB

Hi @BillStoll

Yes, you are correct. That would be a feature request and all feature requests are ran through the product team on this page here zoom.us/feed. I will say this that many of the functions and features that the product has now came from that page and our great users, so please (if you do not mind) fill out the request so that our product team can review that suggestion. I do think that it is a great option for our phone users. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thanks again, Brandon. I will submit a feature request.

Bill

YaBoiB

@BillStoll,

That is great news. I am glad to hear it. 

Thank you for your response. Could you please click on the accepted solution button in the bottom right corner, so that if others are facing this issue they can read your accepted solution and follow the steps you followed?

Thanks, 
Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion