cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone and SMS Texts Question

TB23
Listener

If I am not sending campaign SMS text but just basic text to my users do have to give out their cell numbers are we still required to setup a campaign ?

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @TB23 

Yes You need to setup a brand and campaign to use SMS. Please follow the steps here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5016496738445-SMS-MMS-10DLC-Compliance-for-Zoom-Phone-and-...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Seems like this entire 10DLC compliance thing not well setup for companies that just want their users to be able to send/receive SMS for work stuff; i.e. not for sending bulk SMS messages to people. 

And if one had many zoom phone users using SMS, looks painful to have maintain a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of DIDs just so users can send an occasional text? 

sachinzoom

Hi @enielsen 

As mentioned in the article, its a compliance requirement which all carriers have to abide by:

A 10DLC campaign registration is required by U.S and Canada mobile carriers to enable business to consumer (A2P) messaging. This feature enables admins to sign up their organization for the 10DLC (10 Digit Long Code) regulation compliance to use SMS with Zoom Phone. 10DLC compliance does not change any functionality of the Zoom SMS service, for example, the limitation of 10 users per group text still is enforced.

Hope that helps