cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone - Poly EDGE e450 Randomly Rebooting...

BeckyBo
Listener

We recently deployed Zoom Phone...we selected the POLY EDGE e450 as our physical desk phone for those that were not quite ready to let go of a physical device...

We are now getting reports that folks phones are randomly rebooting...sometimes mid call...happening in various offices...not at the same time...not on the same network equipment...and not on all devices...just some of them.

We have tried swapping phone, cables, network ports and yet some users still experience the issues...

We have pulled the logs and given them to both POLY and Zoom...

Has anyone seen this issue before?

10 REPLIES 10

flyboy0_15
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi BeckyBo,  Take a look at "Call Control" for your specific phone. You can find that under your personal settings for phone or under the Phone System -> choose a user - and check their desk phone. I'm thinking you have call control enabled at the Admin level but it is not enabled at the individual phone. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4912628206477-Using-desk-phone-call-control 

@flyboy0_15...can you explain how the call control is related? I have made this change on a few of the phones....waiting to see if it corrects the issue...

KHI
Listener

I'm just deploying a few Poly e350 phones, and I have already experienced this. I made an outbound call to my cell to test, and when I hung up my cell, the Poly froze, and a minute or so later, rebooted itself. How would this be related to Call Control, @flyboy0_15 ?

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Do you have the current firmware on your poly edge eseries?

that firmware is 

thanks. Eliot

KHI
Listener

I am on 8.0.0 - but when I go to the menu (settings -> status -> platform -> software update status -> "check now" button), I get an "Update Failed" message. So I am not sure I know how to update the firmware.

Never mind - I was looking at the wrong phone that wasn't provisioned. The firmware is 8.1.1.3281.

Eliot

hi,

you might try factory reset.  sometimes, this fixes issues with desk phones.

Resetting to factory default (Poly) – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

poly release notes (attached) for its most recent firmware release for edge e series is 8.1.2.  8.1.2 is not yet approved for zoom and does not seem to address the random rebooting. 

i suggest opening a ticket with poly or have your poly dealer do so.

thanks,  eliot 

BeckyBo
Listener

our issues are with the EDGE e450 and e320's...we have tried multiple configs from the tier3 support folks at Poly with no success...we are now working to RMA our EDGE phones and move to the VVX450's which we are not having this issue with.

Eliot

hi beckybo,

you might consider updating your poly firmware for edge e series.  i only have a poly edge e 100 which is not experiencing any issues, but has 8.1.2.1128 firmware.

zoom now has 8.1.2.1128 as the firmware for poly e series.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001299063-Zoom-Phone-Certified-Hardware

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot