cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Zoom/ Cisco Unified Communication Management (CUCM) integration actually do?

SeanMcC
Listener

We're interested in integrating incoming Zoom calls into our CUCM workflow for our call center.

I see some Zoom/CUCM integration steps (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005484406-Setting-Up-Cisco-Unified-Communications-Manag...), but there isn't an explanation about what the outcome or workflow of such integration is. 

Does anyone know, or can you point to a resource?

Thanks,

Sean

7 REPLIES 7

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@SeanMcC 
Sean,

Think of this as a BYOP (Bring your own PBX) where you create a SIP trunk between Zoom and your on-prem CUCM solution.  It will allow you to route calls "on net" between the two environments and eventually move everything to a single platform.

RobF

Sean,

That document was written to describe what was needed for Cisco video endpoints registered to Communications Manager to connect to Zoom via a Cisco Expressway. It was for a rather specific use case. 
If you're looking to add Zoom Phone calls into your contact center, then as @townsendwc mentioned, a BYOP approach will allow you to create a dial-plan to route calls

townsendwc

Good catch @RobF.  I missed the SIP trunk to VCS in that link!

SeanMcC
Listener

thanks, @RobF and @townsendwc  - Rob - I think you're talking about what we're looking for. Do you, by chance, ever jump on a call with a company to give some insights? Do you have a consulting fee?

Thanks!

Sean

RobF

Sean,

I am part of the Solutions Engineering team here at Zoom. Happy to Help. I am free Tuesday 12/21 at 10 or 2:00pm central time if you want to discuss the integration of Cisco video devices into Zoom Meetings. You can use the Messages option in the top right of the Community page to send a private message with your contact info.

SeanMcC
Listener

10:00 CST tomorrow is perfect for us, @RobF . Sorry - I don't see the private message option on the Community page. My email is ***********. Thanks!

sean at nursedisrupted dot com