cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two user setup

clusk
Listener

I am looking at getting a zoom phone system for our small business. My wife and I are currently the only employees and often we are on the phone with clients at the same time. I don't want to have two different numbers as we have been using one office number through a personal google voice system and that number is in all of our marketing materials and online, etc... if I pay for two licenses will we both be able to make and receive calls at the same time with the same number or do I just need to add one more number to fwd to if someone is on the main number? Thank you for your help. 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

yes - if you pay for two zoom phone licenses, you both be able to make and receive calls at the same time with the same number.

you set up zoom phone with two users, an auto receptionist and a call queue.

then, you choose a temporary zoom telephone number that will be replaced with your existing office number.  using zoom's free telephone number porting service, your existing telephone number will be transferred from google to zoom. 

when your existing telephone number is ported to zoom phone, your business calls will go to your zoom system. 

incoming calls will be automatically ring on both your extension and your wife's extension.  either you or your wife can answer the call or let it go to voicemail.  either you or your wife can use your extensions to make outgoing calls from your main number.  the outgoing calls will show your office number. 

with zoom phone, you can use windows or mac desktop computer clients, iphone or android mobile clients, and/or certified desk phones such as poly and yealink.  

zoom has an excellent video explaining the initial steps in zoom  phone set up.

(244) Initial Zoom Phone Setup for Administrators - YouTube

thanks

eliot

View solution in original post

enielsen
Participant

For the above reply I would just clarify as:

you set up zoom phone with two user extensions, an auto receptionist and a call queue.

The auto-receptionist will be made OOTB, don't have to use it for anything.

Assign your office number (or a temp number initially) to the call queue and assign the 2 user extensions as members of the call queue. While could do in other ways, using a call queue lets a given user "log off" the queue when not wanting to get any calls.

Install the Zoom app on your cell phone if want to get calls on your cell phone rather than doing call forwarding.

clusk
Listener

Awesome. You guys have been very helpful in getting this set up. I am waiting for the ported number to be available and i think I should be good to go. Can you also send SMS messages through the queue system, using the main number, or do those have to come from a individual number? Thanks again for the help!

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @clusk 

Yes, you can use a number associated with a Call Queue for SMS messages. This allows multiple people to receive the messages, and know who has replied. I cannot however be associated with the Main Company Number. You would need to have a separate DID (direct inward dial phone number) associated with the Call Queue. You must also subscribe to the Zoom Phone Power Pack for this feature.

This support article will hopefully answer any questions related to this:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4405093330701

I hope that helps!

Craig

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot

yes - if you pay for two zoom phone licenses, you both be able to make and receive calls at the same time with the same number.

you set up zoom phone with two users, an auto receptionist and a call queue.

then, you choose a temporary zoom telephone number that will be replaced with your existing office number.  using zoom's free telephone number porting service, your existing telephone number will be transferred from google to zoom. 

when your existing telephone number is ported to zoom phone, your business calls will go to your zoom system. 

incoming calls will be automatically ring on both your extension and your wife's extension.  either you or your wife can answer the call or let it go to voicemail.  either you or your wife can use your extensions to make outgoing calls from your main number.  the outgoing calls will show your office number. 

with zoom phone, you can use windows or mac desktop computer clients, iphone or android mobile clients, and/or certified desk phones such as poly and yealink.  

zoom has an excellent video explaining the initial steps in zoom  phone set up.

(244) Initial Zoom Phone Setup for Administrators - YouTube

thanks

eliot

enielsen
Participant

For the above reply I would just clarify as:

you set up zoom phone with two user extensions, an auto receptionist and a call queue.

The auto-receptionist will be made OOTB, don't have to use it for anything.

Assign your office number (or a temp number initially) to the call queue and assign the 2 user extensions as members of the call queue. While could do in other ways, using a call queue lets a given user "log off" the queue when not wanting to get any calls.

Install the Zoom app on your cell phone if want to get calls on your cell phone rather than doing call forwarding.

clusk
Listener

Awesome. You guys have been very helpful in getting this set up. I am waiting for the ported number to be available and i think I should be good to go. Can you also send SMS messages through the queue system, using the main number, or do those have to come from a individual number? Thanks again for the help!

FORE-Craig

Hi @clusk 

Yes, you can use a number associated with a Call Queue for SMS messages. This allows multiple people to receive the messages, and know who has replied. I cannot however be associated with the Main Company Number. You would need to have a separate DID (direct inward dial phone number) associated with the Call Queue. You must also subscribe to the Zoom Phone Power Pack for this feature.

This support article will hopefully answer any questions related to this:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4405093330701

I hope that helps!

Craig

enielsen
Participant

My company doesn't use the SMS so can't help there.....