cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Common area phone from making external calls

UT-tech
Listener

I have a lobby phone (common area) that i dont want customers to be able to make external calls with.  Is there a way to restrict a phone from making calls to external numbers?  I have tried the block external numbers but that only seems to work for inbound calls from external numbers.

8 REPLIES 8

enielsen
Participant

Only way to do so is by controlling the dial plan of your phone. I was able to do it with Yealink phones controlling both onhook and offhook dialing - but the dialplan on polycom phones was limited in ability and could not block onhook dialing with our old Polycom phones - newer ones might have this though.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi!

Under Phone System Management > Phone Numbers select the phone number of the lobby phone and uncheck the "Outgoing" option.

😊 

Craig

OK, I verified that lets one still call extensions, just not DIDs.  Nice to know about this one - is this a recent enhancement?

FORE-Craig

It has been there since I've been using the system (since last Fall), at least. We make use of unchecking the Incoming Calls for our DIDs because the only calls that they receive are wrong numbers or spam, and we only publish our one main incoming line.

Craig

I did this and one of my PolyCom edge B30 CAP phones is still able to make outbound long distance calls. Is there another feature I need to turn off/on? Thanks!

FORE-Craig

Hi @hopker01 

The Outbound CallerID on that phone might be set to a mainline phone number that you are not restricting.

I hope that helps!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi @UT-tech,

There are a couple of responses to your question. Have any of these answered your question? If so, please mark the reply as an accepted solution so that others will be able to reference your question as resolved if they have the same question.

Craig

pucketlz
Listener

For the incoming option on this setting, does it prevent both internal and external incoming calls? Or just external?