cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark voicemail as unread - call queues

Muffler
Listener

Hi

We’re porting across our numbers this month and finishing configuring the system this week. 

Most users will have their own voicemails as well as access to at least one call queue and it’s respective voicemail. 

I can foresee an issue where somebody will read a voicemail not meant for them, and it would be preferable if they can mark that voicemail as unread.  

Is it possible, and if not, how do we submit a feature request?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisO
Note Taker

As far as I know, there is currently no option to mark as unread. You submit the feature request/suggestion here.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi!

It is not presently an option to reset voicemails to an Unread status. My company works in a similar fashion to yours, it sounds. I would suggest that the person who "takes action" on the voicemail message for the Call Queue or Auto Receptionist be the person to delete it, that way everyone else will know when they see a message (read or unread), action has not taken place and follow-up is still required. This works for us.

Craig

Craig

We had a similar discussion today. It’s possibly a better way in some ways: an enforced house-keeping. I think I’ll submit a request too though. 🙂

Thanks both for taking the time to comment. 

Does your company have a ticketing system that could be leveraged? For our high volume call ques we forward the voicemails to an email that auto generates tickets and whoever gets the ticket can assign it to the intended individual.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

FORE-Craig

I agree; it would be nice to be able to mark them unread, and even flag them and route them to a user's mailbox. You're welcome!

Craig

Kev
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Muffler! Just adding to the previous two answers, a possible workaround is to enable voicemail email notifications which can include an MP3 file of the voicemails: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360062520191-Changing-email-notification-settings

Using your corporate email system, you can forward these to a shared email inbox  and manage voicemails that way. Hope that helps!