cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing users voicemails and other settings

PaulGolota
Listener

Having switched from RingCentral to Zoom Phone, I am finding that I cannot manage users as well as I used to. Is there any way to manage all of the settings of a user's account, including their voicemail recording, how long their extension rings, call routing for their line, etc.? Seems that user management is just being able to switch permissions on and off, but I cant really configure a user's setup unless I use their credentials and log directly into their account.... is that true?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Paul,

You can indeed manage all your users' settings including voicemail recording for Zoom Phone. Additionally, you can create a User Phone Template from an existing Phone User, or from scratch, and then apply the template to one or more Users at a time.

To access the settings for your users, on the Zoom Web Portal go to Admin > Phone System Management > Users & Rooms then click on any User's hyperlinked name. It will take you to the same settings that you would see for yourself under Personal > Phone. 

This article on the Zoom Support site explains how to create and apply templates for phone settings.

I hope that help!

Craig

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig

Hi Paul,

You can indeed manage all your users' settings including voicemail recording for Zoom Phone. Additionally, you can create a User Phone Template from an existing Phone User, or from scratch, and then apply the template to one or more Users at a time.

To access the settings for your users, on the Zoom Web Portal go to Admin > Phone System Management > Users & Rooms then click on any User's hyperlinked name. It will take you to the same settings that you would see for yourself under Personal > Phone. 

This article on the Zoom Support site explains how to create and apply templates for phone settings.

I hope that help!

Craig

Thank you, that was very helpful! The one thing I wish you could do was initiate a call to the user for them to record their voicemail.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, Paul!

I don't know of a way to do that. However, you can turn on the option "Allow callers to check voicemail" at the user-level in both Business Hours and/or Closed Hours. This creates an Interactive Voice Response menu. Once that has been switched on, your users can call their own DID or extension and select the option to check voicemail, type their PIN and then record their greeting from anywhere.

Attached is an image of the way that mine is set up.

I hope that helps!

Craig