cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less intrusive phone call notification pop up

Xiporah
Listener

It would be really nice if we were able to choose where a phone call notification popped up on our screen. Currently, there is only one option: a giant white pop up in the middle of your screen while you're trying to do your job. I'm an administrative assistant and I watch several different phone lines, but I don't always have to answer them.

Jabber has a very unintrusive phone call notification pop up in the lower right hand corner of the screen right above the system tray. This option needs to be added for Zoom. 

Apologies for not knowing what all the official technology terms are, I am not a tech person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kemic-mikes
Listener

Couldn't agree more.  Users should be able to customize the location of the incoming call notification!  Just moved 50+ users to Zoom Phone and this is their first common complaint.  Came from Teams Voice where toast notifications would pop unobtrusively in the lower right.  That said, we love the product in every other way!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Craig
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Xiporah,

I would recommend that you look at the Power Pack add-on which will provide you with added functionality within your Zoom Phone client, along with additional visibility of your Call Queues.

With Power Pack enabled, your call notifications will appear in a small floating panel which can be moved around your screen or docked off to the side (auto hide). Please visit the following link for further information. You'll also find a screenshot of the desktop power user panel with an example of an inbound call being presented.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360058591031-Setting-up-the-Desktop-Power-User-experience-...

The floating pop up should be an option for all users and paying an additional fee for this is not acceptable.

Hi Craig, 

There seems to be some misunderstanding on your part. I am a receptionist/administrative assistant at a large corporation...I do not have the authority to install whatever you're talking about. As per my last post, I am not a tech person. I am an end-user who is stuck with whatever our tech people push out to us.

This needs to be a basic option. 

Thanks!

Craig

Hello Xiporah,

Power Pack adds capability to your existing client so you shouldn't need to install anything else provided you're already using the Zoom client on your desktop, and that your administrators have an available Power Pack license to assign to your user account. 

We do really appreciate your feedback, and we would encourage you to provide us with any thoughts and ideas by submitting them via the following link https://www.zoom.us/feed

Many thanks.

I agree! This should be a basic option. The PowerPack is not cheap, and as we are moving people over to Zoom Phone multiple users are annoyed by the fact that when they are working on something they get this huge pop up.

We shouldn't have to pay an additional fee to make the software functional.    VOIP is not the computers primary function, every incoming call should not show up whack-a-mole style in the middle of the screen.

kemic-mikes
Listener

Couldn't agree more.  Users should be able to customize the location of the incoming call notification!  Just moved 50+ users to Zoom Phone and this is their first common complaint.  Came from Teams Voice where toast notifications would pop unobtrusively in the lower right.  That said, we love the product in every other way!

Dearest Hossain2, this is person, I do do school here for make much money.  Thank you for your spam.  You can make also call to mobile when best useful time for your postdoctoral learning.  I wish make much listen soon. 

emcpg
Listener

Hello All - seems it's been many months since this need was discovered, to enable a less intrusive notification when a zoom call is incoming. Has any non-power-pack, non-add-on solution been surfaced?

jertzybalowski
Listener

You'd think that setting your status to "DO NOT DISTURB"  would, you know, stop you from being disturbed by popups, but here we are...

ITMan318
Listener

I turned on the Zoom Assistant and that enables people to work with calls coming in thru Zoom and it doesn't take over your screens.  It's very handy also

You have to turn Zoom Assistant on globally also.  All I know is that it fixed our issue