cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any having Call queue issues

areddy
Listener

We have configured  and tried call queue with all the available options ( Longest Idle, Simultaneous, Rotation, Sequential) We are facing an issue with calls struck in call queue even agents are available and online. The calls get abandoned after sometime and start distributing calls to agents.  

Please let me know if anyone has issues with call queus.

11 REPLIES 11

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @areddy

Do you mean that it has been working and then stopped, or that you are establishing it for the first time and it is not working as expected?

Our Call Queue is functioning fine right now.

Craig

enielsen
Participant

If you have the spam beta, calls marked as spam can enter the call queue, but will never go to an agent so will be "stuck". These don't seem to impact the "real" calls in the queue.

In addition, sometimes the power pack widget and the analytics real time dashboard are out of sync; I've been told the power pack widget is the one to trust.

We think other "normal" calls might also get "stuck" in the queue, but so far have not been able to prove it, seems like is not common though.

enielsen
Participant

Also, you should also see the calls go to the destination that you have set if no agents answer in X minutes (where you set the value of X) - typically this is voicemail; unless the caller gives up before then.

I'll also note that if you look at the standard call logs, it doesn't log the duration of calls that never ring an agent (or go to voicemail).  To see that info, have to get a detailed report from the Analytics section....

enielsen
Participant

Also, there is an option to the call routing algorithm to enable processing multiple simultaneous calls (seems to do num-agents/2 calls ) so if have multiple calls in the queue, will at least ring agents for more than 1 call at a time.

Under the call distribution section, click on options and check "Handle multiple incoming calls simultaneously".

You probably also want to check 'Skip offline devices and phone numbers when ringing' to speed things up, esp. when not using 'simultaneous' algorithm.

FORE-Craig

Hi @areddy 

Were you able to resolve your problem?

Craig

dkaseman
Listener

We're experiencing something similar to this. Agent is logged out (for whatever reason). When they return and log into the queue, the routing never sees this agent and the call will wait in queue for another agent to pick up the call first, before sending any further calls to the first agent.

We had one agent in the queue who was available yet the call waited on hold until a second agent logged in and went available.

Any updates to this issue?

enielsen
Participant

Haven't seen that particular issue - Zoom has told us that the agent should get calls immediately upon logging in and in our experience this seems to be true.

Two problems we have identified and Zoom will be fixing in the next month or two:

• wrap up time is not always given when an agent ends a call 
  • calls marked as spam will sometimes cause other calls to not get answered until the spam call either hangs up or goes to overflow. (spam calls are not blocked from entering the queue, just never ring an agent). The spam features are still in beta.

Are ya'll using the Simultaneous routing algorithm or one of the other ones?

The queue is set to longest idle and the agent is set up as sequential.

enielsen
Participant

I'm guessing that the idle time for the Longest Idle will treat newly logged in staff as last to use as their idle time is very short? We used this algorithm for 5+ months and ended up switching to Simultaneous as was much clearer as to how it behaved as we have been tracking down the stuck call queue issue for this entire time.

Entirely possible we were having some issues with that - in addition to our stuck spam calls.

Also, do you have the Handle multiple incoming calls simultaneously option enabled? Without this, Longest Idle will only handle 1 call at a time. i.e. if 2 calls waiting in queue, one of the calls won't start ringing agents until the first one has been connected to an agent. With it enabled, will handle num-agents/2 calls at a time if I remember correctly.

dkaseman
Listener

We're currently using Sequential, but we can test that to see if that works for us. I'd rather give one call at a time our attention which is why we selected sequential to begin with. We've removed the wrap time entirely and have removed the ability to ring stations that are either inactive or logged out so that the call gets to an available agent sooner. 

mstringfellow3
Listener

We are experiencing the same issue at our company right now. Did anyone find a resolution?