cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include an external phone number in a ring group

Markbw1
Listener

One of our offices is small and we have calls come in and route to one of two users based on whether they are on a call. They have asked if we can add an external number as a third option in that sequence. I have looked and cannot figure out how to do this. Has anyone done this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

enielsen
Participant

That should work, just remember that if that external number doesn't answer, will presumably just go to the voicemail (if any) on that external number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

enielsen
Participant

By ring group - do you mean a call queue? Or perhaps a shared line group?

In any case, if the external number is something like the cell phone number of one of the two users, they can instead install the zoom app on their cell phone to get the calls.

Markbw1
Listener

The calls are rotating in a call queue. I checked a bit more and it seems that the OVERFLOW setting allows me to add the external contact (an answering service that is already used for this group after hours). I have change the OVERFLOW from forwarding to VMail to forwarding to this external number. Fingers crossed. 

enielsen
Participant

That should work, just remember that if that external number doesn't answer, will presumably just go to the voicemail (if any) on that external number.