cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view blocked number list

rltidd27
Listener

I believe I have blocked a number by mistake.  I have not found any way to view the blocked number list.
Following help I found has not allowed me to be successful.  See attached.  It shows no numbers at all.  I have blocked many many numbers.  How do I view and then unblock a number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

(Zoom was having issues getting my pasted images displayed... but I think it's fixed now)

You're looking at the corporate global blocking list... not your personal blocked list.

Ray_Harwood_0-1670777293118.png

Then scroll down to:

Ray_Harwood_4-1670777422370.png

Then click Manage Block List there...

Ray_Harwood_5-1670777579091.png

This will show your blocked list for your number.  The list you were looking at is intended for a total-company block-out list.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @rltidd27,

This Zoom Support article covers this is detail:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021146872-Managing-the-Blocked-List

Does that help?

Nothing shows up in the list using the article above.  I have attached a screen shot.

Zoom's worthless chat stated that I have no blocked numbers.  I have blocked hundreds of spam and other reason numbers.  When my customer calls from their cell, they get the zoom response to a blocked number.  When they call from their business land line they get thru fine.

Ray_Harwood

(Zoom was having issues getting my pasted images displayed... but I think it's fixed now)

You're looking at the corporate global blocking list... not your personal blocked list.

Ray_Harwood_0-1670777293118.png

Then scroll down to:

Ray_Harwood_4-1670777422370.png

Then click Manage Block List there...

Ray_Harwood_5-1670777579091.png

This will show your blocked list for your number.  The list you were looking at is intended for a total-company block-out list.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!  Too bad the worthless chat support could not have given me this info.

I did indeed find my customer's cell phone in the list.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Ray_Harwood

Automated chatbots just don't get us real humans, do they? 😎

Glad to help.  I hadn't actually navigated to that area before... another interesting learning experience helping people in the Zoom Community!

I had gotten past the chat bot to a support person.  They did not know how to get there anymore than I did.  Thanks again!

RWP53
Listener

So...when I get to the blocked numbers, if I click on the X to delete, I get the following message: "You are deleting the Blocked Phone Number (xxx) xxx-xxxx. This action cannot be undone." What I want to do is unblock it, so that I can receive calls from that number. Is that what I accomplish by deleting it?

Ray_Harwood

Yes, @RWP53 -- the message is misleading, in my humble opinion.  If you decide later you want to re-block the number, just block it again.

Thanks Ray!