cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a zoom phone hotline (number without a user or phone attached to it)?

MrRiv
Listener

Im looking to create a mailbox for our schools athletic dept where parents can be transferred to an extension.....which will put them into voicemail.   We don't want the voicemail to be attached to a particular user.   I can't seem to figure how to do this without attaching a user and device to it?   I created a common phone but don't see how to attach voicemail to it and am not sure how a coach would call in and retrieve the messages either.  Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

I would suggest setting up a User for this purpose in order to define the extension. You can set it up as a Zoom Phone Basic user so that it would not cost you anything. You will need an email address which is not already being used in the system for it. It doesn't need to be tied to a telephone number if you will only be transferring people to it from within your organization or from an IVR option. Remember to set the User Settings appropriately for Business Hours and record the desired Voicemail Greeting, etc. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FORE-Craig

Hi,

I would suggest setting up a User for this purpose in order to define the extension. You can set it up as a Zoom Phone Basic user so that it would not cost you anything. You will need an email address which is not already being used in the system for it. It doesn't need to be tied to a telephone number if you will only be transferring people to it from within your organization or from an IVR option. Remember to set the User Settings appropriately for Business Hours and record the desired Voicemail Greeting, etc. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

FORE-Craig

I didn't answer your entire question previously, the following expands on what I wrote previously:

You won't need a physical phone associated with it. You will want to activate the "Allows Caller to Check Voicemail" option for Open and Closed Hours. This will allow a coach to call the extension and then select the option to Check Voicemail (default is 2), by keying in the PIN that is generated for the extension (the email account linked to the User will receive the message with the PIN). It can be changed by you though. If you have Zoom send Voicemails by email for your organization, the coach would also benefit of that feature by having access to that email address.

Craig

enielsen
Participant

You can use an auto-receptionist for this then give other zoom phone users access to the voicemail (and/or also have it send the VM's as email). But your coaches might not have their own zoom phone extensions?

Common area phones do not have features such as voicemail.

FORE-Craig

Hi @MrRiv!

There are a couple of responses to your question. Have any of these answered your question? If so, please mark the reply as an accepted solution so that others will be able to reference your question as resolved if they have the same question.

Thank you!

Craig