cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding zoom phone to my cell

LorenSanders
Listener

I have set up my system to forward to my cell phone and it is not working. From everything I can see the settings are correct but it is not working.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Loren,

You are welcome! It appears that maybe with all the settings the way they are set, it is confused. 😊 

In the Zoom mobile app Settings, I would turn OFF the Call Forwarding. 

1. In the Settings app for your iPhone, use the Search field at the top to look for the Zoom app's settings there. I would suggest that you turn ON all of the options that I have outlined in the screenshot (iPhone Settings - Zoom.png). This will ensure that you the Zoom app can work in the background when your not using the phone, and will work on both WiFi and over the cellular service, and present the notifications and sounds necessary to know a call is coming in.
  2. In the screenshot named Zoom web portal... is the number where I drew the arrow the number that you ported to Zoom? 
  3. If you want your calls to come through in the Zoom app on your iPhone:
    1. I would remove the external number (your cell phone's number) from the Call Handling section – leaving just the "Zoom mobile apps".
    2. Additionally, I would set When I'm busy on a call, and When a call is not answered to "Voicemail". This will then go to your Zoom app voicemail.
    3. I would also increase the Max Wait Time to at least 25 or 30 seconds so that there is adequate time for the call to go over the cell network if you have a poor connection.
  4. If you want your call to the Zoom number to come though the iPhone's native Phone app along with calls placed directly to your cellular number:
    1. I would remove "Zoom mobile app" from the Call Handling section – leaving just the the external number.
    2. Additionally, I would leave When I'm busy on a call, and When a call is not answered as "Forward to an external number". This will then go to your iPhone's native Phone app, and eventually be answered by your iPhone's voicemail - if the person waits that long.
    3. I would also increase the Max Wait Time to at least 25 or 30 seconds so that there is adequate time for the call to go over the cell network if you have a poor connection.

Please let me know if you that works out for you.

Craig

View solution in original post

That did not work with those changes.

I only have one line and my company number shows as the number 1(760) 602-xxxx #100 

like 100 is an extension or? I don't have extensions. Just one person on this setup.

could that be the problem? 

It will not let me edit that anywhere I can see.

FORE-Craig

Hi Loren,

Yes, that is probably the issue.

In the Zoom web portal go to Admin > Phone System Management > Auto Receptionists , you should see an Auto Receptionist listed, click its name, then in the Profile section set the Business Hours to "24/7",  Greeting Prompt to "Disable" and the Route to to "User" (you may have to scroll UP in the list) and then select your User Name/Ext in the box below, and then save.

That should fix it, with what you did in the previous steps. 🤞

Please let me know if that resolves it for you! 😊 

Craig

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig

Hi @LorenSanders 

If you reply with a screenshot of the Call Handling section under Phone > Settings from the Zoom web portal, I would be happy to see if something needs to be modified. Please black out any personal info on the screenshot.

Is it your intention that the calls be directed to the Zoom app on your cell phone, or the native cell phone app and number? Do you want it to try your desktop app or desk phone before it transfer, or go immediately to the cell phone?

Craig

Craig, thank you for the response. I want it to go straight to my cell, I do not have a phone appliance at the office, everything runs through my mobile. I have this old office number I used to use and so that is the number I had ported to Zoom for this purpose. It goes straight to a Zoom voice answer right now. So it is not even rining to me. 

FORE-Craig

Hi Loren,

You are welcome! It appears that maybe with all the settings the way they are set, it is confused. 😊 

In the Zoom mobile app Settings, I would turn OFF the Call Forwarding. 

1. In the Settings app for your iPhone, use the Search field at the top to look for the Zoom app's settings there. I would suggest that you turn ON all of the options that I have outlined in the screenshot (iPhone Settings - Zoom.png). This will ensure that you the Zoom app can work in the background when your not using the phone, and will work on both WiFi and over the cellular service, and present the notifications and sounds necessary to know a call is coming in.
  2. In the screenshot named Zoom web portal... is the number where I drew the arrow the number that you ported to Zoom? 
  3. If you want your calls to come through in the Zoom app on your iPhone:
    1. I would remove the external number (your cell phone's number) from the Call Handling section – leaving just the "Zoom mobile apps".
    2. Additionally, I would set When I'm busy on a call, and When a call is not answered to "Voicemail". This will then go to your Zoom app voicemail.
  4. If you want your call to the Zoom number to come though the iPhone's native Phone app along with calls placed directly to your cellular number:
    1. I would remove "Zoom mobile app" from the Call Handling section – leaving just the the external number.
    2. Additionally, I would leave When I'm busy on a call, and When a call is not answered as "Forward to an external number". This will then go to your iPhone's native Phone app, and eventually be answered by your iPhone's voicemail - if the person waits that long.

Please let me know if you that works out for you.

Craig

That did not work with those changes.

I only have one line and my company number shows as the number 1(760) 602-xxxx #100 

like 100 is an extension or? I don't have extensions. Just one person on this setup.

could that be the problem? 

It will not let me edit that anywhere I can see.

FORE-Craig

Hi Loren,

Yes, that is probably the issue.

In the Zoom web portal go to Admin > Phone System Management > Auto Receptionists , you should see an Auto Receptionist listed, click its name, then in the Profile section set the Business Hours to "24/7",  Greeting Prompt to "Disable" and the Route to to "User" (you may have to scroll UP in the list) and then select your User Name/Ext in the box below, and then save.

That should fix it, with what you did in the previous steps. 🤞

Please let me know if that resolves it for you! 😊 

Craig

That worked. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

FORE-Craig

Yay! I’m glad that we were able to sort it out for you, Loren! 

Would you please mark my responses with the steps necessary to resolve the problem with “Accept as solution”, so that others who search the community with a similar problem in the future will know what to look for to adjust their own settings! 

Thank you! 

Craig