cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default ringtone is output when user is called through a call queue instead of selected ringtone

jdempsey
Listener

We have a user that has changed the ringtone for all options.  His 2 direct lines, his ext, and his meeting.  When he is called through a call queue that is he part of it outputs the "default" ringtone instead of the selected one.  Is this some setting on the call queue I do not see?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @jdempsey !

There is not an option to specify the ringtone for Call Queues in the Zoom desktop app under Audio like there is for the Extensions and the DIDs. Some desk phones do have that option. 

I can see how this would be useful, and even more so if a user is part of multiple Call Queues. You can create a feature request at https://zoom.us/feed.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

FORE-Craig

Hi @jdempsey !

There is not an option to specify the ringtone for Call Queues in the Zoom desktop app under Audio like there is for the Extensions and the DIDs. Some desk phones do have that option. 

I can see how this would be useful, and even more so if a user is part of multiple Call Queues. You can create a feature request at https://zoom.us/feed.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear.  This is happening to a user.  He changed all of his ringtones to specific ones that are NOT the default ringtone.  When I call a call queue he is a member of.  The default ring tone is output.  We do not want this to happen, but it is happening.  

FORE-Craig

Perhaps I don't understand! 😊  Normally, the default ringtone will be played on all phones in a Call Queue and cannot be changed in the Zoom web portal or the Zoom desktop app (with the exception a couple of physical desktop phones with the Zoom Phone Appliance app). What would you like to happen?

Craig

I would like for every phone call that comes to this user to use the "awaken" ring tone.  We have changed the ringtones to all of his options (meetings, extension, and Direct number) to the "awaken" ringtone. 

When someone calls his extension, and direct 10 digit phone number the "awaken" ringtone is output correctly.

When someone calls the call queue he is part of, the default ringtone is output.  

FORE-Craig

Thank you... I had understood what you wanted. Unfortunately, as I said in my first reply, there isn't an option to change the ringtone for a Call Queue in general, nor for when a specific user receives a call from the Call Queue. 

Personally, when we started using Zoom Phone I wanted to do the same thing. I have grown used to the default ringtone now.

You can create a feature request to ask that this option be added to a future version of the system at https://zoom.us/feed

Craig

Okay sorry for second guessing.  Thank you very much!

FORE-Craig

You are welcome! There's no need to apologize! 😊 Sometimes the way we write things doesn't come across in a way that everyone understands. I'm sorry that it wasn't the answer that you had hoped for!

Craig

FrankSch
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @jdempsey & @FORE-Craig ,

I hope I understood the former thread correctly.

You can configure the ringtone for Call Queues in the client. Its on the same page where you configure your ringtone for meetings, extension & DID.

Keep in mind its used when the call was targeted to the DID of the queue, not to the extension of the queue.

FORE-Craig

Hello @FrankSch and @jdempsey

@FrankSch 

That's not something that is visible in my system with two active Call Queues (ver 5.11.9) - see attachment. In order for it to appear, does the Call Queue have to have a DID specified or does the account need to be on a specific plan?

Craig

FrankSch
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

From my understanding it should be in the client since 5.10.6.
And yes, the CQ does need a DID.
Just tested, if there`s no DID configured for the CQ you cant configure a specific ringtone for a CQ in the Zoom desktop client.

FORE-Craig

Thank you, Frank! I don't understand why there is a correlation with having a DID on the Call Queue. I would venture that say that most businesses don't, because their numbers (like ours) are specified at the Auto Receptionist level which transfers into the appropriate Call Queue. 

Craig