cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call flow Issue with Call Queue

ltnz
Listener

Trying to get this call flow to work (see image attached) but if no agent is in the call queue (eg; out to lunch)

It gives the following voice greeting "the person you are trying to reach is unavailable, good bye" Then hangs up instead of going to the Auto Receptionist (AnsweringService)

Have tried setting the overflow of the Call Queue (see attached) to go to the Auto Receptionist (AnsweringService) but no change.

Is this a limitation of Call Queues or should I be using a different call flow to accomplish this flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DIDs and calling plans are two separate items. I am unsure how it works on smaller plans and if you can get a DID without a plan or vice versa. The AR requires its own DID (phone number) to dial externally. A user requires a calling plan (license) but, can remain an extension-only line.  So, if you want the AR to route externally you will need to purchase an additional phone number.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Itnz,

Can you share your settings on the AR that is being used as the overflow? Also, try calling that AR directly via its extension and see what kind of response you get.

ltnz
Listener

Hi @ChrisO ,

Thanks for looking into this, see attached the AR for Overflow.  If I try and call the 'AnsweringService' AR it comes up with the same voice prompt "the person you are trying to reach is unavailable, good bye".

We only have one local number in Zoom assigned to the 'MainLineRouting' AR.

Let me know if you need more information.

I will have to do some testing and will get back with you tomorrow, but my guess is it may be related to routing externally without a calling plan in place on the AR. 

That being said, in your current configuration  the AR is pointless. The queue could do the routing you have it doing. 

Ok, I have done some testing this morning and it appears that routing calls externally via overflow requires a DID. That being said I did find a potential workaround. You can route your overflow to a User and, under that user's call handling, turn off Zoom Apps and add the external contact. This will route the number to the external contact without a DID in place however, you will still need a calling plan assigned to the user.

ChrisO_0-1665059257986.png

ltnz
Listener

Hi @ChrisO 

Thank you for your time in testing these options, so we just need to have a licence for that AR to be able to call out or Licence a fake user and then use that to send the call externally.

So if we buy an "Additional Phone Number" and assign it to the "AnsweringService" AR it would let you dial it out?

The reason we are wanting to use a dedicated AR for the AnsweringService is that is allows us to expand the call flow and have one place to update the external contact in case we need to make changes.

DIDs and calling plans are two separate items. I am unsure how it works on smaller plans and if you can get a DID without a plan or vice versa. The AR requires its own DID (phone number) to dial externally. A user requires a calling plan (license) but, can remain an extension-only line.  So, if you want the AR to route externally you will need to purchase an additional phone number.

HiI @ChrisO ,

Thanks for all your effort and help with this, bought an additional number and linked it to the AR. Now the call flow works as expected 😊