cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Queues How to properly Opt Out

LWEly
Listener

We have 5 members in a call queue. This is a secondary/backup call queue, and these people have other primary job functions. They are able to help out with phones when they have free time.

Our company exclusively uses the Zoom app for Macs. We do not have desk phones, and do not have the app installed on our mobile phones.

If a member is going to be in a meeting or on a call, the practice has been to toggle the switch on their zoom app to not receive queue calls. This is a foolproof way to ensure we don't receive calls. However, since answering phones is not the primary job of this call queue group, they don't always remember to toggle themselves back into the queue when they are available.

Being on a Zoom meeting does not preclude them from receiving a call. There are a number of places to change this in the configuration (hide incoming calls while in a meeting, skipping offline members in the queue, enabling call notifications for queue members even if they're on a call, turning on DND), but there seems to be nothing I can check or uncheck to get to the target behavior:

We want a call queue member to  be able to put on DND and have it expire and put them back in the queue. We also want call queue members to NOT receive call queue calls while on a Zoom meeting or on a Zoom phone calls, and to have the calls sent to the next caller in the rotation (phones are set to rotate in a round-robin manner). Calls ring through when our team is on meetings and taking calls. They put their DND on, and the queue does not skip over them to the next queue member- they return and see that they have missed calls. 

Again, they need to:

not receive call queue calls while on a zoom meeting

not receive call queue calls while taking other zoom phone calls

not receive call queue calls while on DND

have all calls routed to the next person on the queue list when any of the above is occurring.

Please help me figure out the settings. Thank you in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If there's still available member to answer, it will go to that member. If there's none, then it goes to overflow(i.e VM).

Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

IP-Man

They can actually set DND and set a time period (i.e 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours,24 hours, or customized time period)

Cheers!

They have done that, but said that when they return, they still have missed calls. This user put her DND on at noon for an hour and came back to this (see attached call log). The only thing that seems to work is toggling out of the queue. I feel like I must be configuring something incorrectly.

Is it possible to change the DND time periods (e.g. 15 minutes, 30 minutes)?

IP-Man

Hi LWEly,

Setting up DND will use the logic under User Settings "when a call is not answered" so whatever is setup on that will be followed. It is also true that they will see a missed call but they will never be prompted/ringed for any incoming calls when they are in DND.

Cheers!

Thanks! But does the next person in the queue have the opportunity to answer the incoming call when the queue member puts their DND on? Or does that call that comes to the queue just go to the auto attendant (which is the backup/next step if the queue is unavailable/does not answer)?

IP-Man

If there's still available member to answer, it will go to that member. If there's none, then it goes to overflow(i.e VM).

Cheers!