cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Queue Group Rotation, can we set who is in what group?

Arivera525
Listener

In the call queue, Call Distribution there are a few options.  Simultaneous, Sequential, Rotating, and Group Rotation.  In particular, we want to test out the group rotation so that one set of specified members gets the call initially, but another specified group would take it if the first group was busy.  When selecting the option, it only asks how large the groups should be.  Is there a way to specify who is in what group?  We only need to have 2 groups, but split into teams of specific members.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Arivera525 

From what I understand, the Group Rotating is simply a subset of users within the Call Queue. For example, instead of all 25 Call Queues Members' phones ringing at once, you could set Group Member Size to 5, and five phones would ring when a call comes in; if no one in that group answers, then 5 other phones would ring; and so on; and so on. If no one answered the call, then it would go to the Overflow.

If you wish to name specific members in a first rotation, and then a second rotation if no one in the first answered:

1. You could put the primary group members in this Call Queue and set Call Distribution it to "Simultaneous";

2. Set the Business Hours Overflow to transfer to a second Call Queue with other named members;

3. Set the Business Hours Overflow of the second Call Queue to transfer to the Voicemail of the first Call Queue or whatever you desire.

Do you follow me?

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FORE-Craig

Hi @Arivera525 

From what I understand, the Group Rotating is simply a subset of users within the Call Queue. For example, instead of all 25 Call Queues Members' phones ringing at once, you could set Group Member Size to 5, and five phones would ring when a call comes in; if no one in that group answers, then 5 other phones would ring; and so on; and so on. If no one answered the call, then it would go to the Overflow.

If you wish to name specific members in a first rotation, and then a second rotation if no one in the first answered:

1. You could put the primary group members in this Call Queue and set Call Distribution it to "Simultaneous";

2. Set the Business Hours Overflow to transfer to a second Call Queue with other named members;

3. Set the Business Hours Overflow of the second Call Queue to transfer to the Voicemail of the first Call Queue or whatever you desire.

Do you follow me?

I hope this helps!

Craig