cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically download Zoom Phone recordings

Dtech
Listener

Has anyone had any luck figuring out how to automatically download Zoom Phone call recordings? A lot of companies that work with sensitive data have to keep local recordings and Zoom has failed to implement an SFTP automation. I know Zoom has an API, but I'm not a developer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Dtech SFTP download is not currently possible but you can certainly request this feature by visiting our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

zac2021

@Dtech SFTP download is not currently possible but you can certainly request this feature by visiting our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

BigDanSRQ
Listener

We have it working using the web hooks.  We use web hooks to send us notifications on (1) ring; (2) answer; (3) recording complete and (4) transcription complete.   Lots of good data that gets poked into our SQL database.  On the recording complete post, it includes an URL for the recording file, so we do a second call and insert the recording into our database too.  

We wrote a generic handler on our end that the webhook posts too.  

Dan

zac2021

@BigDanSRQ That's brilliant and thank you for sharing your solution. Yes, most features that are not available in the Zoom web portal can be solved with our publicly available APIs and web hooks.

Cheers!