cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share screen on android --- feature turned off

liamea
Listener

I am trying to support someone using Zoom's screen sharing. I am using a laptop or an android phone (I have tried both) and he is using a Nokia smartphone, not sure which model.

After he goes into Share, Selects Screen and Start now he gets up a message saying ...

This feature is  turned off as it will slow down your screen

I can't find any reference to this error anywhere or whether there is a setting / solution / method to get it to work.

Liam

4 REPLIES 4

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @liamea! It's possible that his Nokia smartphone doesn't meet the prerequisites for screen sharing, which can be found in this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom.

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hmw
Listener

I have this issue too but on a Samsung A03 core. It runs Android 5.13.5 so it meets the only requirements listed in the link above. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @liamea @Hmw If you don't mind, could you screen capture the error that is displayed? I'm not aware of the error message that appears on Android devices when attempting to share the screen.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-10 at 10.38.27.jpeg

A support chat that we had at the time, told us that phones with 2Gb ram or lower, cant share screen. But this is not in the requirements page.