cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not recognizing my RODE mic

marcum
Listener

Does anyone know how to make Zoom recognize my RODE mic again? I've done all the settings etc. It used to work fine and now will not pick it up - the mic is working and all connections are good. 

13 REPLIES 13

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi marcum,

have you tried re-seating the usb dongle?

if this does not work, which rode mic model are you using and what zoom client and version are you using?

thanks, eliot

I have - I am Zoom pro and not really sure what version - how do I figure that out?  Thanks Eliot

cherylpattyn
Listener

I am now having the same issues, did you find a solution??

acidmagneta
Listener

I have the same issues. I use my iphone for zoom and connect my rode mic to my iphone via rode app. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out what the problem is. It is so annoying.

AJM12
Listener

I have a similar issue. I have the NT-1 mic and AI-1 audio interface kit all by rode and I cannot get the mic and the headphones to work at the same time. This only happens with Zoom.  If I select the Rode AI-1 interface for the mic first, and then the same for the speaker so I can use my headphones from the interface, it I get no sound from my headphones. But if I set the speaker to Rode AI-1 and then the mic to Rode AI-1 (in that order), the mic stops working. It won't let me have both. 

I have this exact problem.  have you found a solution?

cherylpattyn
Listener

no solutions yet unfortunately

EmHarding
Listener

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue! I have a Rode Wireless GO, used to work fine. Now it only picks up the mic as an option for the speaker, not as an option for my actual mic. I haven't changed how I am connecting it. What I have noticed is it will give me an option to use 'Microsoft Teams' as both a speaker and a mic, so I deleted MT off my Mac, and Zoom, and then restarted my Mac and reinstalled zoom... and STILL Zoom won't pick up my Rode Mic. It is honestly so infuriating. Mic works fine with my camera (for context, I teach Yoga on zoom and that's why I need it).

I spoke to rode support.  they sent the following and it solved the issue.  

Sound settings > Device properties (both input and output) . additional device properties > Advanced > Select 24bit, 48000hz for both. 

is this for a computer or ipad?  I use an ipad for zoom

this was for my pc.  even though it took a couple of weeks of emailing with an average repy of about 3 days customer assistance at Rode supplied the solution.  if you're having a similar problem I recommend emailing them.  just be sure to supply the info for mic, interface, OS and device as well as a good description of the issue in your first email to save a few days.

Oh wow amazing thank you! Is this something I update within zoom, or on my MacBook settings? 

cherylpattyn
Listener

thank you