cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Passcode Issue

Pavan3
Listener

Earlier when I used to join a meeting having Passcode & Waiting Room options enabled it wouldn't ask me to enter the passcode instead it would route me to the waiting room (if I'm not provided the co-host access). But recently I came across a situation where when I was trying to access the zoom meeting link instead of routing me to the waiting room, it's asking me to key-in the passcode. Can someone let me know why that might be the reason ? Is it a new update ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This Zoom support article has a good explanation.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060396571-Embedding-meeting-passcode-in-invite-link 

“You can choose to embed your meeting passcode into the invite link. The meeting passcode will be encrypted and included in your invite link to allow participants to join with just one click and avoid having to manually enter a passcode. An embedded passcode makes your meeting more secure and easier for attendees to join.

If you prefer to disable Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join, your attendees will have to manually enter the meeting’s passcode.”

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB

Hello,

This Zoom support article has a good explanation.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060396571-Embedding-meeting-passcode-in-invite-link 

“You can choose to embed your meeting passcode into the invite link. The meeting passcode will be encrypted and included in your invite link to allow participants to join with just one click and avoid having to manually enter a passcode. An embedded passcode makes your meeting more secure and easier for attendees to join.

If you prefer to disable Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join, your attendees will have to manually enter the meeting’s passcode.”

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thank you for the quick response. I have re-enabled the option 'Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join' & that sorted the issue. Appreciate your help!! Have a great day ahead!!

Frank_TB

You as well 🙂