cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using alternate audio devices with Zoom iOS app

jps-ksmcpa
Listener

I work with a not for profit which hosts weekly meetings both in person and using Zoom.  Their default host device is an iPad.  The usual meeting room is large and I would like to use a Bluetooth conference-phone as the default mic for the room.  I would also like to continue using the speakers built-in to the wall-mounted display that shows the video.

Controls for audio do not seem to be as full-featured as they are for a Windows Zoom client.  Is there any way I might be able to do all or part of what I describe?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, jps-ksmcpa

Since I don't know what kind of bluetooth conference phone you will be using, I can give you a general answer.

If you can pair the bluetooth audio device with the iPad and connect the audio from the audio device to the line input of the display, I think it will do what you want.

Whether or not this can be done depends on the specifics of the device.

MakeItBetter
Listener

I have a Bluetooth speaker and an iPad. The speaker works as it should with other apps. But it doesn't work with Zoom: the audio output comes through the iPad's built-in speakers. Starting Zoom after pairing and selecting the speaker doesn't solve this. I can't find any audio controls in Zoom on the iPad.
Thanks

MichaelYuan
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@jps-ksmcpa @MakeItBetter you can try the latest iOS version. It has been fixed this issue.