cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save in-meeting chat on Android app

adwissler
Listener

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Andrew Wissler.  How do I save an in-meeting chat on your Android app, and how do I find and change the default folder for where it is saved?

Also, how can I view the chat side-by-side with the meeting on your Android app?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Andrew Wissler

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi @adwisslerYou can save in-meeting chats to your computer or the Zoom Cloud manually or automatically using the Zoom desktop client only. It is not for Android or iOS devices.

By default, the Zoom mobile app displays the Active Speaker View. If one or more participants join the meeting, you will see a video thumbnail in the bottom-right corner.

Swipe left from the active speaker view to switch to Gallery View.
Note: You can only switch to Gallery View if you have three or more participants in the meeting

You can view up to 4 participants' videos at the same time. You can keep swiping left to view more participants' videos.

Swipe right to the first screen to switch back to active speaker view.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

View solution in original post

In 2021 I was able to save in-meeting chats when using the Zoom app on my Android phone. When in the Chat screen during the Meeting, I simply clicked on the 3 elipses on the bottom of the Chat screen across from the input field. I was able to choose "Save Chat" and it worked with no problem. Then I could move the file to my desktop folder if wanted. Do you know why this was changed or if it actually still is available with some setting changes?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Shaimaa

Hi @adwisslerYou can save in-meeting chats to your computer or the Zoom Cloud manually or automatically using the Zoom desktop client only. It is not for Android or iOS devices.

By default, the Zoom mobile app displays the Active Speaker View. If one or more participants join the meeting, you will see a video thumbnail in the bottom-right corner.

Swipe left from the active speaker view to switch to Gallery View.
Note: You can only switch to Gallery View if you have three or more participants in the meeting

You can view up to 4 participants' videos at the same time. You can keep swiping left to view more participants' videos.

Swipe right to the first screen to switch back to active speaker view.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

Dear Shaimaa:

Thank you very much.  I will try that.

In 2021 I was able to save in-meeting chats when using the Zoom app on my Android phone. When in the Chat screen during the Meeting, I simply clicked on the 3 elipses on the bottom of the Chat screen across from the input field. I was able to choose "Save Chat" and it worked with no problem. Then I could move the file to my desktop folder if wanted. Do you know why this was changed or if it actually still is available with some setting changes?

Unfortunately, I don't.  Sorry about that.