cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Meeting ID for 800 Callers - Using Audio Conference for a Call In Show

SLMedia
Listener

Using Zoom to multi-stream for a Live Call-In Show where my client can be seen on Zoom video via streamed his media platforms , (but audio only for participants) where callers dial the 877 Zoom number to ask questions to my client. A couple questions.

1) How do I remove meeting ID requirement for incoming phone only callers so that they can get to the waiting room? (I've set waiting room setting to "everyone" goes there upon entering) But when I do a test and call the 877 # it is asking for a meeting ID.
2) Once in waiting room, how do I communicate with a caller to vet them before admitting them (audio only) to my client to ask their question. Any help appreciated, Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
  1. Since you have the callers dialing the generic Zoom join number, they must enter the meeting ID they wish to be connected to. There is no way to have callers go straight into the meeting without entering the ID. 
  2. Unfortunately, there is no way to communicate to dial-in-only participants in the Waiting Room, as you can only currently send a text-based message to those in the Waiting Room. The Zoom system is not currently able to use text-to-speech and speech-to-text to facilitate communication between the host and phone-dial-ins in the waiting room. You might consider admitting them and placing them into a breakout room, where you can vet them, before bring them back into the main room and allowing them to unmute and ask their question.