cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with receiving chat messages

kschultz
Listener

I run daily classes for students and have been successfully using chat with all of my students for several years. Last week, a new problem arose. I can send out chats to everyone and individuals with no problems. But I'm not receiving the response chats from several accounts. Other members of the class can see the responses from these accounts, but not me the host! This is only affecting four of the twenty student accounts.

I've gone through all the settings and tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions? I can't seem to find anything on their end or my end to explain or fix this problem.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

6 REPLIES 6

AF5
Listener

Im running into a similar issue. From what I can figure, it's something going on with people who are using the Zoom app on their desktop versus using the browser version of Zoom. Don't have a solution though. 

PPrecop
Listener

I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

kschultz
Listener

Glad to know it's not just me or my students. Still happening today, no solution yet.

AF5
Listener

The only workaround I found was logging into the web version of zoom. It's very clunky and not a great experience, but at least I could see all the chats.

kschultz
Listener

Thanks for the suggestion. I used the web version and avoided the problem, all the chats worked correctly. You're not kidding though, a very clunky experience indeed. I hope the Zoom folks solve this problem soon.

Travis23
Listener

I am having this issue too since updating to the recent zoom app. I hope they fix this issue because our class is based on participation and my messages are not showing up to instructors.