cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification only for Zoom event when Synchro to O365

comgui
Listener

Hi

we have synchro our zoom client with O365 so we now have the Zoom agenda syncho with Outlook

but now we are receiving notifications for all events even those outside Zoom,  what is the point for that behavior ?

i already have notification through outlook, its too much.

Zoom should only display the notification for Zoom, or add an option for. in setting i can of course diable notification but its a global settings

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @comgui, just trying to get a bit more info to understand a bit better as to what you're experiencing. So just to clarify, are you trying to deploy and install the Zoom for Outlook add-in? And assuming you went through the integration with Office 365, setting up your contacts and calendar integration?

How are you receiving the notification through email? And is this for Meeting invites? If so, you're experiencing as should.

Sending meeting invites through the calendar integration and creating meetings through the calendar integration rather than the Zoom client. However, signed into the correct account your meetings will show up scheduled through the integration on the Zoom client and should receive upcoming meetings via the Client and Calendar integration, depending on how your notifications are set up for both applications. If that makes sense and with my experiencing with the integration. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi

sorry if i was not clear but i was referring to the Following setting (screenshot)  "remind me X minutes before my upcoming meetings"

if its checked i receive notifications for any outlook meeting so even those that are not Zoom meeting.

So in that case i have of course Outlook notification but also Zoom notification (and not a the same time so its too much notif). But above all that's not what i ask Zoom for. i need Zoom to send me reminder for Zoom meeting, that's it 🙂 

If i remove the calendar synchro to Outlook, i have no reminder at all since i do not have my zoom meeting listed in Zoom client.  its a strange implementation i must say,  why zoo meeting need Outlook synchro to be displayed ? its 2 different things 

alexintozoom
Listener

Same problem here. But I use G Suite. Just  want to have Zoom notifying me on my windows desktop app about my zoom meetings, not all the rest. Have you found a workaround yet? Tks

comgui
Listener

nope, the support said that nobody complain before so its not an emergency request feature ... wich i doubt because just in our company everybody complain 😛 and i think we are not the only client with O365 + Zoom ... 

alexintozoom
Listener

shame on them!