cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music via zoom

MJ27
Listener

Hi, Can anyone help? I can't seem to play a YT video via my zoom. I can hear it but no one else can! I like to play background music but for some reason it won't work. Any support would be much appreciated. 

Thanks MJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

You'll need to use the 'Share Screen' function and manually check the 'Share Sound' option.

bstrelko_0-1705083721332.png

More info here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063608

Can you confirm you've tried this already?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bstrelko

You'll need to use the 'Share Screen' function and manually check the 'Share Sound' option.

bstrelko_0-1705083721332.png

More info here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063608

Can you confirm you've tried this already?

Esther8
Listener

It seems this is an issue with more than I expected with no solutions.  I sometimes attend a religious meeting on zoom, and I can hear the speaker well and I can also hear the answers of any participants that are either at the Hall or on zoom well.  However when it comes to the songs, I cannot hear a thing.  I don't have this issue on my tablet and I didn't have this issue on my previous laptop.  This issue only started when I got my new laptop in early December.  I have tested the speakers and microphone on my laptop and they work fine, however when I have done the test through the zoom settings the microphone works fine but the speakers do not work properly.

It would be great if the zoom technical team could come up with a solution to this glitch.

As an after thought I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop, so was wondering if this is a common denominator with everyone else that is having this same issue.

repentance101
Listener

I am having very similar issues. Playing a file from my browser (by using the file browser function), I can hear the music through my USB-connected headphones, but I when sharing the screen (mono or stereo), or simply sharing the computer audio, there's no audio that comes through on the shared side.

I did some troubleshooting last night with customer support chat. Gabriel put me through the process of ZoomClean to completely uninstall, reinstall, and then try again. I even restarted the laptop 2x and still, the audio does not come through.

Change is not feasible unless accountability is required.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MJ27 ! I have reviewed your post and @bstrelko has provided the solution, so I've gone ahead and marked it as an accepted solution. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or trouble with this!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

JaymeBraun
Listener

Thank you for the link, Can I ask a question?

Seeking the best essay writing services? Lily Thompson and Benjamin Harris have you covered with best essay writing services at https://uktopwriters.com/best-essay-writing-services/ UKTopWriters. With meticulous reviews of over 1260 academic writing services, this platform ranks them by quality. The higher they are on the list, the better the writers – guaranteeing top-notch work for your academic success. Stay informed and choose wisely at UKTopWriters.

Esther8
Listener

Who is the question for?