cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetings with ppt and video w/sound...

NicoleG
Listener

Prepping for my first ZOOM meting.

As host, I will use ppt slides as well a running short ppt deck, video from youtube and sound.

Any tips, hints as I a looking for a 100% smooth experience for me as host and most importantly for a small to medium large participant pool.

THANKS! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @NicoleG 

I'd familiarize yourself with the ability to share computer sound with your shared content, so that your participants can see and hear the YT videos. You will also want to make sure to optimize your share for video to ensure the video plays smoothly for the participants. Both of these can be enabled at any point during the share, through the More button on the sharing toolbar: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 14.49.06.png

I'd recommend enabling those when you need the sound and video, then disabling them both when you don't, as other notifications can happen and your participants would hear those as well. 

You might also want to try using the slides as virtual background feature, if your computer can handle virtual background and it suits your presentation. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @NicoleG 

I'd familiarize yourself with the ability to share computer sound with your shared content, so that your participants can see and hear the YT videos. You will also want to make sure to optimize your share for video to ensure the video plays smoothly for the participants. Both of these can be enabled at any point during the share, through the More button on the sharing toolbar: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 14.49.06.png

I'd recommend enabling those when you need the sound and video, then disabling them both when you don't, as other notifications can happen and your participants would hear those as well. 

You might also want to try using the slides as virtual background feature, if your computer can handle virtual background and it suits your presentation. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Maartje
Listener

In addition to @Bort 's great info, a note not to embed the YouTube link in your PPT presentation. If you're screensharing your PPT, it will not show the browser that will be opened after clicking that link to participants. (It will if you're sharing your whole desktop, but you probably don't want to do that.)

So whether you're screensharing your PPT file (opened on your computer before you want to start screensharing it!) or sharing your PPT as a Virtual Background through the Advanced Settings (I love this, just make sure to test it out before participants arrive, as this gives you the option to be visible with your head in the presentation - though you can split yourself from it, and it'll just look like a plain PPT), make sure to stop that Screenshare and then share the Video with the settings that Bort recommended (you can also set those in the Screenshare pop-up window, right before you share).

If you have a downloaded file of the video, you could even share it as a video (under Advanced). 

As you can see from all these details, the most important advice would be to PRACTICE! Try it out beforehand, have a co-worker or friend log in with you, and test it out. That's my best advice for screensharing going as well as possible (and even then, the technical monkeys might come and play and confuse it - and we then fortunately always have the tools of a few calm breaths & our humor, to make it through, with joy :-)). 

Good luck & enjoy!  

Thank you Maartje!

I will take the advice on using my ppt as a virtual background and I LOVE your tip about how to use the ppt as virtual background while being visible during the presentation.

Would it be possible for you to help me with some details, as in step-by-step in the order of how to ZOOM Host effectively when I get going...#1 I need to loin to my ZOOM app (right?) and then #2 bring up my ppt (I have yet to review the virtual background but I will today#3 I have a video to play as soon as I open the main room and then after I will welcome...so I need to get myself on ZOOM...get my ppt ready and then have my poll ready for the waiting room and then at go time, open the "door" and kick off with the 10 minute video...then I need to welcome with the ppt slides...Hopefully I am not taking too much of your time with my description of what I need to do here and I am grateful to you for ANY tips, tricks, etc...that you might provide.  THANKS!

arieladams
Listener

hi can we have a meeting

arieladams
Listener

bws es 

Elisa54
Listener

I need meeting I’d and password