cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immersive View not available sometimes?

JessicaH
Listener

I just stumbled across Immersive View and like it, however when I tried to show it to colleagues in a Zoom-Meeting the option was not available. I have tried to narrow it down, but havn't  come up with a solution.

- Immersive View is enabled in the options menu. I can start immersive view in my personal meeting room and other of my meetings.

- I can switch host controlls to someone else and this person can then start immersive view. Apparently you do not have to be the original meeting-host for this to work.

- I can use this feature in rooms I created before immersive view was enabled.

However: When I start one of our long used conference rooms, where I am alternate Host. Immersive View is not offered as option. I cannot start it, even though I am currently the host.

Neither can the original host (once host-rights have been transfered to this person).

Why does it work in some rooms, but not in others?

All our desktop clients (Windows) are updated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

The issue is when you are alt-hosting a meeting, that meeting is not using your settings, but rather the settings of the host that created the meeting. They need to check their settings and ensure that Immersive view is enabled. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JessicaH 

Immersive View features can be enabled (and disabled) in the Zoom Admin portal at either the Account, Group or User level.

Also, by default, Immersive View is enabled for Free and single Pro accounts, and disabled for all other account types.

So it can depend on what mixture of accounts you are using, or what permissions you may have inherited or had applied.

I would check https://zoom.us/profile/setting for Immersive View and https://zoom.us/account/setting if you are an Admin.

What types of account(s) do you have?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060220511-Immersive-View

Rupert

JessicaH
Listener

Hi and thank you,

it is a business or pro account for the university I am working at. I don't have admin rights for the account (only User-level), but the option is activated. It works with my own rooms (at least those I have tried so far), but when I visit a room from someone else, where I am alternate Moderator, the option is gone. Since I am the only participant and host, I don't understand why...

It is the same account in all instances. I log into my personal meeting room, the option is there, I leave and log in to our weekly meeting room, where I am alternate moderator, the option is gone. This is repeatable.

Bort

The issue is when you are alt-hosting a meeting, that meeting is not using your settings, but rather the settings of the host that created the meeting. They need to check their settings and ensure that Immersive view is enabled. 

Thank you, that makes sense. I tried that with a testuser and now it works for my main user as well. I somehow thought, if I am host, than my settings would count - didn't think about the settings being tied to the room.

Thank you a lot!