cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Privacy

Ingemar
Listener

I am concerned that Zoom's terms & conditions state: 

""You consent to Zoom's access, use, collection, creation, modification, distribution, processing, sharing, maintenance, storage of [ the content you share in meetings ] [for any purpose, including training AI models]".

"... you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assign to Zoom ... and your end users to unconditionally and irrevocably assign to Zoom all right, title, and interest in and to [ the content you share in meetings ], including all Proprietary rights... "

What assurance can you give me, Zoom, about the confidentiality of my company's and our clients' confidential data? If I don't receive reassurance I will need to consider stopping using zoom for data protection & GDPR compliance reasons.

2 REPLIES 2

Ingemar
Listener

Is there anyone there from Zoom who can comment on behalf of the company?

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Ingemar Zoom Generative AI features are default off. Customers decide whether to enable generative AI features, and separately whether to share customer content with Zoom for product improvement purposes.  An example of what it looks like for an account owner or admin to opt in and enable these features is provided in the blog, as well as an example of what a meeting attendee will see when they are turned on. 

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?