cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing roles - documentation not adding up

scott_mcdonald
Listener

I want to adjust a user to an Admin role, however, the documentation Zoom provides doesn't actually match the settings. 

How do I change a user from Member to Admin?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001078646-Using-role-management#h_748b6fd8-5057-4cf4-bb...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @scott_mcdonald 

The default Admin role does not provide the ability to promote other users to the Admin role. You will need to: 

• Have the Owner promote this user to the Admin role for you or...
  • Have the Owner customize the default Admin role to include role management permissions
    (they can also create a custom "Super-Admin" role for just you, if giving all admins that access is too much). 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @scott_mcdonald

The most likely cause is that you don't have the necessary permissions to promote someone else to Admin. Are you the owner of the account, or have a custom role with elevated permissions? 

Hi Bort,

I'm not the account owner, but do have Admin permissions.  

Bort

Hi @scott_mcdonald 

The default Admin role does not provide the ability to promote other users to the Admin role. You will need to: 

• Have the Owner promote this user to the Admin role for you or...
  • Have the Owner customize the default Admin role to include role management permissions
    (they can also create a custom "Super-Admin" role for just you, if giving all admins that access is too much). 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.