cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing date convention

seaninog
Listener

I'm in the UK and recently my Zoom has started using US date convention (e.g. 21st of January is 1/21 instead of 21/1) so can I ask if there is a way to change this so it conforms to the convention that is held in just about every other country worldwide outside of the US i.e. DD/MM? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi seaninog,

generally, zoom picks up date format from pc operating system.  for example, windows has settings for 

Eliot_0-1673787880106.png

Eliot_0-1673788436332.png

what screens display the wrong date format?

thanks,  eliot

A post I made about four hours ago has disappeared. Do replies posted here go through a vetting process? This is a test to see if it happens again.

seaninog
Listener

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your reply.

It's that screen you showed where I schedule  meeting that is coming up in American date convention. How do I get to the screen you've shown above to trying change it? I am on a Mac.

seaninog
Listener

As you can see from this screenshot, I already have the date setting in this section to Worldwide date convention but when I go to schedule a meeting it still comes up in American. Am i changing the wrong part?

Eliot

hi seaninog,

i don't have a mac, but i got this from apple site.  i believe that zoom uses whatever date format the pc uses.  since you use mac, i think you need to check the mac date format.  i have not figured out what the zoom date convention actually does.

Change how dates, times, and more display on Mac - Apple Support

thanks,  eliot

seaninog
Listener

Thanks Eliot.

My Mac has always been configured to the correct date setting (but I double-checked following your advice anyway) and even if I go into the Zoom settings (Profile --> Date convention) it too says I'm on Rest of World date convention (i.e. dd/mm/yy) but yet when I go to schedule a meeting, it comes up in American date convention. That's going to get very confusing.

May I ask if you are aware of a Zoom support desk I can email about this? It feels like it's a bug they need to resolve at their end.