cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update application from chrome store

spacequakes
Listener

Hello, I have been trying to update the zoom application I got from chrome store. I have deleted the zoom application and reinstalled the latest version (several times), but when I try to attend a meeting, I get the error message that the zoom client needs to be updated. What else do I need to do to be able to update this zoom application?   I can attend a meeting using a zoom application from the google play store, but that application does not allow gallery view, so not useful to me.   Please help & thank you, in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @spacequakes, I'd suggest looking into our new Zoom for Chrome PWA as features and experience may be a bit better for you! 

For reference, The Zoom for Chrome PWA is separate from the ChromeOS app and is intended to replace it, as support for ChromeOS apps are being phased out across all operating systems by June 2022. We strongly recommend admins begin migrating users from the ChromeOS app to the new Zoom for Chrome PWA to ensure a smooth transition.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions along the way! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @spacequakes, I'd suggest looking into our new Zoom for Chrome PWA as features and experience may be a bit better for you! 

For reference, The Zoom for Chrome PWA is separate from the ChromeOS app and is intended to replace it, as support for ChromeOS apps are being phased out across all operating systems by June 2022. We strongly recommend admins begin migrating users from the ChromeOS app to the new Zoom for Chrome PWA to ensure a smooth transition.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions along the way! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you for your response & input.  Very helpful.

So where do i get the zoom for chrome PWA from?

I use Cloudready. So yiur link to Google play store is does not install since cloudready does not support android apps / google play store   all i can dl apps from is the chrome web store which just has the zoom for chrome app not the PWA