cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Settings

Themba100
Listener

Hi All,

I have an issue with my camera settings. I have zoom on my laptop (MacBook) and on my Iphone. 
Recently, when I begin meetings on my laptop, the zoom app on my phone app opens and tries to access the camera from my phone as opposed to my laptop. Even when I close the zoom on my phone, I am no longer able to choose the camera on my laptop in the camera settings in the meeting: the settings are simply locked. 

Would you have any insights? 

All the best, 

Themba 

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Themba100

That is strange. I have an iPhone and Mac also. I am not experiencing that issue. I just opened up an ad-hoc meeting and then opened up the Zoom app on my phone and I could switch back and forth between my cell and my mac. 

Do you have your meeting settings on your iPhone set to auto Connect audio to wifi or cellular? 

I cannot think of any other setting that would cause such a thing to happen. When someone calls me on a Zoom meeting it does ring on my phone also, but that is expected behavior. If I pick up the meeting on my mac, the phone will eventually stop ringing after it detects that the session has been picked up by my mac and vice versa. 

Check on that auto connect setting and let me know what the new experience is. Maybe you and I can join in a troubleshooting meeting sometime to figure out why this is happening on your devices. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

Hi @Thomas23459

That does not make any sense, the camera on your computer should not even be paired with your Mobile phone. Is this an external camera that plugs into your computer through a USB cord or is this the camera that is embedded into the machine? 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Jin2
Listener

I'm facing the same issue. When I connect the camera to my MacBook, it automatically prioritizes the iPhone camera. I've tried it multiple times, but the same thing keeps happening.