cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Logitech C920 poor resolution after updating Zoom

angelacv
Listener

After the 5.11.1 Zoom update the image lost resolution. 

I've already tried changing all the video features, reinstalling camera and video drive. Nothing works.

Have tested the webcam in other applications and everything is fine, except from Zoom. 

Anyone facing the same issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @angelacv

I have a C920 on Zoom Desktop version 5.11.1 and I am not experiencing any issues with poor resolution. I am running it on a macOS version 12.4 mac Monterey. Are you on the latest and greatest version of your OS? It may be that there is a driver that you are needing an update on for your video graphics. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB

Hello @angelacv

I have a C920 on Zoom Desktop version 5.11.1 and I am not experiencing any issues with poor resolution. I am running it on a macOS version 12.4 mac Monterey. Are you on the latest and greatest version of your OS? It may be that there is a driver that you are needing an update on for your video graphics. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thank you for your answer. I think this could be the problem: I've been using Windows 8.1 so far 😞

I've unistalled and reinstalled Zoom client and the camera is ok now, but then other issues raised while sharing screen 😞

JimmyWick
Attendee
  • Open the Logitech QuickCam software.
  • Right-click on the section of the window where the video feed appears and click "Properties."Open the "Stream format" tab and choose "Output Size." Select your desired resolution. The QuickCam software allows you to select up to eight megapixels for still images, and 960 by 720 for video.
  • Click "Apply" to save the changes and close the window.

Regards,
J Wick

Thank you, J Wick
I'll try to do that.
What worked was uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom client, but it was only a workaround and not proper fix.

YaBoiB

@angelacv ,

Did @JimmyWick  response help you? If so please click on the accepted solutions button to confirm. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion